Hi

Started by Canotia, September 29, 2023, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canotia

Hi, I'm Canotia.  I am here in a fairly good place in my life right now but not without struggles.  I remarried almost 3 years ago to a guy who appreciates and loves me very much. I have two grown children who are doing well. I have a 19-year-old stepdaughter who is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and brings a lot of chaos into our lives. Right now, it is quiet, she isn't communicating with use because we are "controlling."

I was sexually abused as a child and the perpetrator went to prison for his crimes.  He passed away in 2017. My mother was demanding, difficult, and often mean.  She passed away last year.  I've been struggling lately with how things were left. I feel bad because I was always so mad at my mother until the very end. I wish I had spent time with her without being angry.

I was diagnosed with CPTSD in 2016. I seem to have a complete breakdown about once a year. I am thankful my husband is patient, compassionate and tolerant. Last year I ended up in the hospital with a complete medication change that seems to have helped tremendously other than the weight gain.

I am happy to be here in a supportive environment. 

Bermuda

Hi Canotia, welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support you are looking for here. It does sound like you have a lot going on right now, even for someone who says they're in a fairly good place.

:wave:

dollyvee

Hi Canotia,

Welcome to the forum  :heythere: It sounds like you have been through a lot in your life and I hope you are able to find what you need here.

Sending you support,
dolly