The broken one

Started by DD, September 11, 2023, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD

I have read many posts about finding it hard to talk about issues. I have the opposite problem. For me the safe place has always been in being the broken one, the messed up one, tha one needing guidence and mentoring.

Which is weird as I was parentified at an early age, spent most of my teenage years trying to be toe good kid to offset the worry caused by the scapegoated child.

I would like to, what my T calls it, step into my power. But don't know how. It is soooo easy to go on about all the ways in which I'm broken. But not disclosing them? About keeping them private, as they should be in many instances?

It's this compulsion to overshare. Might be the lack of boundaries as they were not allowed in childhood.

But what role is it to be this? And how to stop being this?

Kizzie

Just a thought DD but it may be one way you can get some of the care and concern you never got from your family? Maybe the next step would be to get what you need (which is what we all need as humans - care, respect, warmth, appreciation), by sharing what is good about you?

Moondance

Gosh DD - I overshare as well.  Then I back away calling myself names, wondering or asking myself why, again.  Then I wonder why people don't respect me or treat me well.

So maybe...

For me the safe place has always been in being the broken one, the messed up one, tha one needing guidence and mentoring.

I have often asked myself...

But what role is it to be this? And how to stop being this?

I don't know any other way.

Thank you for starting this thread.