Hello

Started by Ghost, September 08, 2023, 03:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Hello,
I'm Ghost 👻

I was diagnosed with CPTSD in 2018.
I dealt with a lot of neglect and abuse growing up. I went from my father's house to a boyfriend's house who was very very abusive.
Eventually, I "ran away" and was a beach bum in California for a while.
Then I married my husband who is a very safe and wonderful human.❤️
I spent ten years "doing nothing", just coping and getting from moment to moment. Therapy has been amazing.
I started working recently and that's going okay.

I've also started seeing a new doctor who strongly recommends some kind of group support for CPTSD and having a narcissistic parent. I would rather use an online forum than go to group therapy because I am a 90's child and I have other disabilities as a result of the trauma that makes it so I can't drive.

I very much appreciate the member's guidelines and I will try very very hard not to swear.

Thank you

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Ghost  :heythere:  Glad you found your way here as we are a warm and safe community.

We have a censor for swearing because it's such a natural part of speaking for so many of us  :whistling: so no need to be concerned. It replaces the word(s) with an *.

Ghost

Hi Kizzie,
thank you so much.

I'm glad there is something in place. Swearing is like my native language lol

Bermuda

Papa Coco

Welcome Ghost,

I'm glad to hear your new therapist sees value in group dynamics. I joined this group 2 years ago because I was in need of having someone I could chat with who knew what it felt like to be me. I found it here.

I hope you find the forum to be a safe and friendly place to share your healing journey with others on the same path.

Welcome!

Moondance

A warm welcome to you Ghost,

I hope you find this forum to be supportive and encouraging  - that has been my experience here for sure.

There are great resources here as well - and dare I forget - some of the most caring people ever.

Welcome!

Blueberry

Armee

Ghost

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much!

NarcKiddo

Welcome, Ghost. Good to have you on board - though of course I am sorry about the circumstances that cause you to be here.

Ghost

Quote from: NarcKiddo on September 09, 2023, 02:08:51 PMWelcome, Ghost. Good to have you on board - though of course I am sorry about the circumstances that cause you to be here.

Thank you, friend.