too much

Started by sanmagic7, July 10, 2023, 04:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eireanne

Thank you so much for stopping by the other day San  :hug:

I absolutely LOVE the idea of you coming over and sitting with me, do you read at all? I've been reading this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_Quartet) with two friends, I'm trying to form an unbook club (have been trying for years). I have missed getting lost in a good book. I've been curled up in my comfy robe, eating my favorite foods, looking out at the snow and having gratitude for the opulence in which I live. I am warm, I am safe, I have so many people in my life that care about me - and to know that you are one of them, I am so blessed.  Thank you my friend.  Please stop by any time for a cup of tea and a chat  :bighug:

sanmagic7

i do love to read, EA, but haven't really been into it for quite some time.  i used to read voraciously, utilized libraries consistently, and in mex. had a friend who exchanged books w/ friends - and when he finished reading them, he gave them to me.

i've never belonged to a book club, tho. there are too many stories now which trigger/activate the sensitive parts of my mind. same w/ movies.  but a chat and warm drink sounds lovely.  thanks. :hug:

just staying warm right now. my D is w/ a friend for the weekend.  it's actually been nice being on my own, once i got used to being alone w/ the cat.  i wouldn't be able to do this forever cuz i no longer am able to navigate bill-paying and such, but for these few days i've liked it.

Not Alone

Hi San. I just caught up on a couple of pages in your journal. I'm sorry to hear about D1 being sick and ALL the emotions and trauma that it brings.

Nice that you have a couple of days alone with the cat. Sometimes a little space is refreshing.

sanmagic7

hey, notalone.  yeah, it was a good break from some of my reality. thanks for your support. :hug:

back to 'normal' now. my D is home. it really did feel like a break from our reality cuz i didn't have to discuss finances or difficulties or anything neg. w/ her. that felt good.  i did discover how very stressed i was while she was gone, and i didn't realize it.  mostly cuz we had some terrible weather, downed trees, power outages (not for me, yay!) but a tree fell on the motel where she was staying, no power for 2 days, they were finally able to find a room somewhere else.  i'm just glad her muscle memory kicked in for snowy, icy driving.  still, stressful.

at any rate, right now things are pretty calm.  i'll take it.  who knows what will happen tomorrow? hopefully, more calm, or at least some good news. that would be nice.

Armee

Loving that there's a touch of calm there.  :grouphug: Sending you some more vibes for the calm to last awhile.

Hope67