A song I've found helpful

Started by storyworld, June 28, 2023, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyworld

I've been playing this song on repeat the past week or so. Yesterday, I listened to it while driving home from therapy and sensed a soul-deep sadness and urge to sob. I briefly wondered if I should let myself cry, if there might be some release in that. The part of the song that grabbed me was when she sang about those things that were lost being found again. My therapist has guided me some in Internal Family Systems, and tells me I have a core Self that is creative, curious, calm, confident, etc., that nothing can touch. But I've never connected with that because while there is a part of me that can see when I am kind or creative, when it comes down to it, and I'm listening to her and trying to connect with this core Self, I can't see that Self as good. I can't see myself as a child as good. But the other day, when listening to this song, I had a vision/visual image of myself at age 3 or 4, picking something (perhaps flowers) on a grassy hillside/slope. And I was able to see this child as playful and creative. And this struck me as profound and something I need to hold on to.

This is the song. (The singer has a traumatic history.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ssXO7gJx4

Kizzie

It's amazing Storyworld.  I moved it here so it's in the spot where we capture music like this that reflects our trauma in different ways and touches our soul. :hug: 

storyworld

Bermuda

The lyrics are very relateable. Thanks for sharing.

BecomingMe

Its beautiful - thanks for sharing storyworld