beauty in brokenness

Started by paul72, February 03, 2022, 06:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul72

I'm sharing this early, hoping it'll spur me on to finish it soon :)
The trick will be moving all of the pieces over into mortar from the sandbox I am building it in.
As stupid as it sounds, it is my dream to make a lot more of these pavers, with proceeds to a local mental health program.
I think it is my fear of "coming out" with PTSD that is slowing me down... though my work schedule sure hasn't helped.
I grew up perceiving myself as a beautiful loser... the beauty in brokenness is something that has always resonated with me. A lot more so now.
Thanks for letting me share

Kizzie

Sorry I missed approving the picture Phil, I have been a bit off in terms of admin these past few weeks as I try to cope with my anxiety.

Great idea making pavers - did you succeed in getting all the pieces into mortar? 

paul72

I haven't yet Kizzie, and there's certainly no apology needed. It's taken me months and I haven't finished it yet even :)

I did make one for a Ukrainian friend... I got it into mortar, but had some difficulty. I'm glad I got that practice in tbh before doing mine.
Hopefully soon.
This paver here, now at least fully drawn out, is my profile pic. And, as silly as it sounds, is kind of my story put to stone.
I dream of making smaller ones and using proceeds to do something wonderful for my community. I hope it's not always just a dream :)

Armee

Not Alone

Quote from: phil72 on March 23, 2022, 03:51:42 PM
And, as silly as it sounds, is kind of my story put to stone.
I dream of making smaller ones and using proceeds to do something wonderful for my community. I hope it's not always just a dream :)

I don't think it's silly at all. It is beautiful, both in aesthetics and emotions. Your dream of doing something for the community is beautiful too.

paul72

thank you Armee and Not Alone :)

rainydiary

I love this and it is inspiring me to explore artistic expression.

Mary Ann

I think it's beautiful! I love the types of wall you get in the north of England...dry stone walls...because of how the stones all slot into it and even though they don't look deliberate, or structured....they literally last for over a hundred years, and they provide habitat and shelter for wildlife...anyway...the way your stones jigsaw round each other reminds me a bit of this. Anyway I think it's a great idea