crossed to the other side.. triggers

Started by kathcptsd, September 22, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathcptsd

Hi all, today I stumble on another possible link in trying to sort out how one continues to live, after experiencing the total bliss and tranquil feeling of dying.  I had an exposure the last big one, I entered mid winter waters to try help a fellow caught in a rip, 1hr40mins they estimated we 3 survived somehow, I don't remember much as hypothermia took hold around 20mins in..  I do know this before this exposure I had lost me mum to cancer at sweet 16, a good friend bled to death in me arms in front of his younger bro over 40mins following a MVA, list our family home in a 1/500 yr flood (photos were the worst loss) following that multiple MVAs doa's , been bottled in a street (near death loss of blood), home invasion, locked up and bashed by cops for having prescription glasses on..... the list goes on as my first exposure was at 16yrs and undiagnosed for 15yrs..  in that time the symptoms of the have led to myself being in situation where more exposure was inevitable..  so how does on go on after so much exposure then handed a possible release only to wake up in a hospital to do it all again just ×10..  really miss understand this living thing.  (A quick over view of things)  I have just come out of hospital from a forced rest, survival is up most import so cant go to deep ATM  love n light

Kizzie

Hi kathcptsd and welcome to OOTS!  You have had many traumatic events you've had to deal in your life, especially with coming close to dying.  I am wondering though if you may have PTSD rather than Complex PTSD.  Have you been diagnosed by a physician or psychiatrist? 

You are of course most welcome here, but if you have PTSD then there is another support group that may be much more relevant for you called MyPTSD.org.   Perhaps you could explain your situation a bit more clearly so we can figure out what would be best for you.