What's in a Name Part 2

Started by Kizzie, January 31, 2021, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

That's really touching, Scrat.

Kizzie

It really is touching and I'm so glad you shared.  I love Scrat even more now!  :)

Scrat

Awww, thank you both for the warm welcome and the kind words. It is really strange for me yet to encounter those. :)

Kizzie

Ruinedpuzzle

I chose the name RuinedPuzzle for 2 reasons:

1) I've always felt like a puzzle that's missing pieces.

2) it's from one of my favorite songs.

Kizzie

Thanks for sharing, I figured it had to do with missing puzzle pieces or that your abuser(s) had messed up your puzzle - something along those lines,  but not that it was from a song.  What song if you don't mind me asking, just curious?

Mandox

My name is a nickname from my Dad.  I wanted to try and save him from himself, but of course I could never succeed in that.  I hope I can save myself !

Armee

:grouphug:

I relate to that feeling. I'm sorry you could not save your dad and I'm sorry you were put in that position. You sound very loving.

c_is_for_contempt

Hai,
I just signed up yesterday.
My username is just to acknowledge a lot of buried anger that bubbles just under the surface.
Part of me thinks it would've been better to have a positive username ^__^; but this just felt more honest as to why I'm trying to seek help, so there it is.

cyberJudas

My name is just a slight alternative to my common username I use on other sites. Cyber Judas is the name of an MS-DOS game and the sequel to Shadow President. Both games are overdramatic political simulators, and the Judas part is a reference to my actual name. Since I'm really into computers and hacker culture, it felt appropriate.

Kizzie

Oh I wondered why you chose that name.  Good to know  :)

Towhee

I chose Towhee because I love birding and nature in general.  I find spending time in nature to be deeply healing and can reorder my thoughts.

Kizzie

I had to look up Towhee although I was pretty certain it was about birds by what you wrote. We have a ton of song birds out behind our house which backs onto a nature reserve. I only know a few of their names but they are so lovely to listen to and watch with a cup of tea and a pair of binoculars on the balcony. I could live without the geese mind you. Just before mating season and before they are getting ready to migrate they are incredibly noisy.  We usually have 60 plus so quite the cacophony!

blue_sky

I named myself Blue Sky because on the inside I feel like the character "Blue" (or Sadness) from Inside Out.

I also feel like the vast and beautiful Blue Sky on my good days; you never know how big it is and when the dark clouds may cover it up.

Sky is also a shorter version of my last name  :)

Goosey

Mine is a bit silly. "Goosey" is a nickname a close friend of mine gave me, and I kind of adopted it. I figured it'd be a good anonymous name to use on here.

It's actually just a shortened version of "silly goose," which she likes to call me. Over time, that just became Goosey. She often says it when she's reassuring me, like "don't be silly, Goosey." (As in, reassuring me my worries are unfounded, not dismissing how I feel, just to clarify.) So it's very positive to me. (And I think it's cute!)