Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

It's coming up in about a half hour. We'll see what transpires. No matter what, there's a lesson here for me somewhere. How to speak up peacefully? How to let comments from unhelpful people roll off my back?  :Idunno:

Snowdrop

I've been thinking about you today, 3R. I can imagine how upsetting it must have been to talk about your sibling, and then to get that response. It makes my mind go :stars:.

I hope it goes well today. :hug:

Hope67

Dear Three Roses,
I am thinking of you, and sending you support and a hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

Three Roses

It was fine. Thanks for all the support you guys.  :grouphug:

Three Roses

So, yesterday's meeting went well, the other person was not there. I was very withdrawn during and after tho, and only this morning do I feel capable of conversation. But now I have that odd feeling that when I talk, I don't know who is talking, and I don't feel like it's "me".

Blueberry

Snowdrop

Hope67

Jazzy

Hope you feel better soon!

Tee

:hug: 3R I Hope you feel better soon my friend sending you hugs! Of reassurance that you're not alone!

Three Roses

Thanks, all - the past week or so I have been feeling much better! Today I have a headache but my mood is still positive.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!  :grouphug:

woodsgnome

Here's to more short, sweet, better feelings and positives -- you've deserved them, and here's wishes for many more ...

:cheer:             :cheer:             :cheer:                 :cheer:

Blueberry

Three Roses

Still on an upswing - I do think the Zoom meetings are helping me, even with the unpleasant comment I mentioned above, and a subsequent kerfuffle (I love that word) that managed to trigger EVERYONE in the group. But we all discussed it rationally at the next meeting two days later, and I've learned that I can experience unpleasantness, and get through it. I should say, I've relearned this, as I used to be better at it at one point in my life.

With these meetings and IFS therapy I finally feel my feet on solid ground. Crossing my fingers it lasts!

Not Alone

Quote from: Three Roses on July 08, 2020, 08:09:27 PM
With these meetings and IFS therapy I finally feel my feet on solid ground. Crossing my fingers it lasts!
Glad to hear that you feel the earth firmly beneath your feet.
Quote from: Three Roses on July 08, 2020, 08:09:27 PM
I've learned that I can experience unpleasantness, and get through it.
So important to know and to keep experiencing. That is something most of us didn't learn &/or experience in childhood. It says a lot about the zoom group that the comment was dealt with and not ignored.

Thanks for the new word! I looked "kerfuffle" up in the dictionary (online).