me

Started by onelastbreath67, September 15, 2014, 09:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onelastbreath67

me
hi my name is Tommy I am new to this forum basically I guess I'll start from when I was a kid I was punished as a child basically for any infraction there was a punishment for instance for not making tea when I was supposed to. I was took it out to the barn where all the punishments were issued and physically abused. Eventually I was taken out of the home because of the teacher noticed bruises and scars on my back.   I was put in foster homes and joined the Navy in 1985 and I didn't get out till 1994.

I've been through two marriages so far and I'm on my third marriage.  I am handicapped because of I tripped and broke 3 bones in my ankle cracked my ankle. Right now I am in therapy for PTSD that happened when I was in the service and currently I'm waiting on my service dog. I travel around with my now family in an RV and travel around the United States.

I'm glad to be here this the first form I really belong to it and I hope it works helps me out if there's anything else you want to know about me just ask.

Kizzie

Hi OneLastBreath and welcome to Out of the Storm.  It sounds like you have travelled a long road to this site but we are glad you found us and hopefully you'll find the infomration and support here helpful.

I see that you have been diagnosed with PTSD, have you also received a diagnosis of Complex PTSD?  If you were abused in childhood and removed from your family or origin it's likely you do have CPTSD as well as PTSD although we aren't professionals here and can't make diagnoses.  There are some differences between the two so you may want to check this out with your physician.

In the meantime, have a read through some of the forums and when you're ready post to one of them or more. We're a small group as we just got started, but everyone is friendly and know what it's like to be dealing with Complex PTSD and a lot of us with PTSD as well.

Badmemories

Hi mark,
Welcome to OOTS I hope you find us a valuable to place to hang out and learn.

I was abused as a child too. It stinks doesn't it! So much work! I am glad to see that You are at least learning early enough that Your whole life won't be over before You can help Your self like I did( I am 60)

My Son was in Iraq for 1 year, and it is unspeakable about what he went through there... I really don't know as he won't tell me... I see he got many medals, and I am not even sure what they are for :(. I DO see the results of the emotional pain he went through though. The VA sucks also...

I am glad that You are getting a service dog. That should be comforting! I have 2 chihuahuas, and I love them. No matter how depressed I am they seem to love me anyway! That is some kind of relief! Sometimes they are the main reason I get out of bed in the AM!

Be sure and post also, I try and post and read posts to heal, and I try and follow all the links, and read the links. I am learning more and more all the time...hoping to get better! {{{Mike}}}

Rain

Hugs to you, onelastbreath67    :bighug:

bheart

Hello onelastbreath67  and welcome.  :wave:

I want to thank you for your service to our country.   :yourock:  I do appreciate all of our service members, past and present.  I am sorry you have had such a difficult life and dealing with so much.  I  have found this forum to be very helpful, supportive and understanding in the short time I have been here and am glad you are here.

:bighug: