The Healing Porch Part 8

Started by Kizzie, January 17, 2023, 03:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

i decided i, too, need a break from life, and this is the perfect place for that.  i'm sitting on the porch swing w/ a pitcher of lemonade to share and watching that beautiful sunset.  someone suggested a play yard for our littles to just be safe and happy with others of their ilk, so i'm watching little me's running around, laughing and swinging.  later i'm going to the cabin, do some night fishing, then (of course, they're magically cleaned and boned) will make a fish fry, cole slaw and some fried potatoes for anyone who wants to share.  it'll be cool enough for the fireplace to be going, and later i'm just going to bed.  everyone and everything will be cleaned and taken care of.  i need a few days here is all.

zen_racer

Quote from: sanmagic7 on July 17, 2026, 07:50:20 AMi decided i, too, need a break from life, and this is the perfect place for that.  i'm sitting on the porch swing w/ a pitcher of lemonade to share and watching that beautiful sunset.  someone suggested a play yard for our littles to just be safe and happy with others of their ilk, so i'm watching little me's running around, laughing and swinging.  later i'm going to the cabin, do some night fishing, then (of course, they're magically cleaned and boned) will make a fish fry, cole slaw and some fried potatoes for anyone who wants to share.  it'll be cool enough for the fireplace to be going, and later i'm just going to bed.  everyone and everything will be cleaned and taken care of.  i need a few days here is all.

I'm going to sit quietly with you and enjoy some of the lemonade. I'll definitely be around for the fire as well.  :hug:

sanmagic7

love the company, ZR.  enjoy!

Hope67

Wow SanMagic - that fish fry sounds amazing.   :hug:

sanmagic7

looks like just a little over a month ago i needed to come here.  can't keep my head above water for even 6 weeks.  i feel so miserable, am drinking thera-flu, will sit by the fire and read and rest.

bardic

This is such a lovely idea! Like a collaborative, communal safe space. Lmk if I'm not responding to this correctly:

I see myself visiting the nearby forest, which is still evergreen to my own self (though for folks in different climates/hemispheres it might look different to suit your current needs). I feel the grass crunch slightly, & the sunrays break into different spots above the canopy. I take a lonely walk through the forest, following the sound of a stream. I know the porch would welcome me back, especially that sweet sofa corner where a pot of tea is magically still warm when I got back 😆

Blueberry

I love that you found our Healing Porch! You understand its workings perfectly.

I can't remember that we've had a post quite like yours before with the evergreen forest and crunch of grass underfoot, so yours is a very welcome addition! I will come and sit on a log and enjoy the little bit of warm morning sunshine filtering through.

Kizzie

Locking topic and starting a new page.