Free event: The Body Keeps the Score: Trauma Healing with Bessel van der Kolk

Started by Snowdrop, December 08, 2021, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

There's free training from the author of The Body Keeps the Score on December 13th and 14th.

Join Dr. van der Kolk for this clinical trauma training so he can show you how to apply the same proven trauma treatment methods he uses in his practice.

You'll discover how to apply approaches like neurofeedback, EMDR, meditation, sensory integration, and more to help clients feel without becoming overwhelmed, enraged, or ashamed...

So you can experience the satisfaction of helping even your toughest clients heal from deep-rooted trauma.

You can find out more and register here: https://landinghub.pesi.com/en-us/bh_w_047325_thebodykeepsthescore_sq

Blueberry

Wow, thanks for posting the info, Snowdrop. I've been wanting to re-read "Body Keeps the Score" for a while, but a) I can only get it cheap over interlibrary loan and b) not in English!

woodsgnome

Thanks, Snowdrop.

Based on his other presentations, this one looks to be focussed and highly relevant to some of the key Cptsd issues.

woodsgnome

Blueberry, if it helps there is a short summary version of the book for $3 American or free if a member of the Amazon Kindle member group (I'm not but shelled out the 3 bucks so have the short version). The summary is a good refresher, given that this conference starts in just a few days.

Kizzie

I am so impressed (and thankful) he is offering this all for free, including the session recordings, now that[s commitment to spreading the word about the need for and info about effective trauma treatment.  I'll be tweeting this out for sure.

Tks so much Snowdrop, you do sniff out a lot of conferences and it's much appreciated.  :thumbup: :yes: 

Blueberry

Quote from: woodsgnome on December 09, 2021, 12:09:01 AM
Blueberry, if it helps there is a short summary version of the book for $3 American or free if a member of the Amazon Kindle member group (I'm not but shelled out the 3 bucks so have the short version).

Thank you so much woodsgnome. Unfortunately having to deal with Amazon or buy anything in dollars are not within my emotional capability and haven't been for a long time.
cptsd is 1) the gift that keeps on giving and   2) the multi-dimensioned and very varied gift     I mean who else on here can't deal with Internet purchases outside own country?? Maybe just me.  Maybe not.

Not Alone

BB, sometimes a simple thing, like washing dishes, is too much for me. Please be gentle and kind to yourself.

Hope67

Hi Snowdrop,
Thanks for sharing this, I'll be having a look at that.
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Tks Snowdrop.  It's free to download  :thumbup: :applause:  Now that's true support by a trauma professional. I love that he makes his work so accessible.

I also see there's a free discussion group for the book - here's the info:

We will be discussing The Body Keeps the Score. Meetings will be on Thursdays for 6 weeks from 4-5:30 pm ET starting January 20th. The final week will be a live Q&A / discussion with author Bessel van der Kolk, M.D. on February 24th. Registration is free and open to everyone!