nearly a year here

Started by paul72, November 21, 2022, 06:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul72

Well, I noticed that I had 364 posts, and as I approach one year here on this forum, I wanted to write this letter

Dear Kizzie and OOTS friends,

Thank you.

A year ago, I was spending my days searching google for someone, anyone, like me.
Being alone is such a dark place, and though I had a wonderful wife and kids at home, I had no clue what or how to talk with them.
I couldn't explain or even understand my own thoughts.

I found not only what I was looking for here, but so much more.
I absolutely love this community.
And though our stories might all be different, nobody is judging me here.
There is only compassion and support.

Kizzie, you built something beautiful here and I will always be grateful to you.
And to the dozens of friends here who've supported me, I send my sincere thanks.
I don't have friends that I talk with. I never have. You all are it, and that makes me a very lucky person.
I have re-read my first journal and I can see the difference a year has made.
I didn't know what an inner child was. I didn't know anything about CPTSD.
And I really didn't know that anyone could ever understand my feelings.

You've all taught me how to share. How to not be afraid (I still am sometimes, but not nearly like before)
I am encouraged everyday by someone's strength here.
We really are a group of fierce battlers, and I'm so glad to be recovering alongside you all.
There is still so much to do.. but I'm not afraid to face whatever it may be anymore.. because I'm not alone.

If I could bottle up my love for all of you, I'd send everyone a heaping share.
Thank you for a wonderfully difficult year of growth.
:grouphug:

Bach

Thank you so much for being here, phil72.  This post touched me so much.  Sending you lots of love  :hug:

milkandhoney11

Same here, thank you, Phil. Being able to talk to all of you means the world to me.
Lots of love