Moving forward in therapy, scared

Started by Dee, January 05, 2017, 01:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

Wow, Dee - that was a lot to cover in one session! You did amazing! It's wonderful to hear that she kept affirming that you were not the one in control back then.  :hug:

You are a very brave person, Dee. To even approach that mountain is powerful. To climb up as far as you got - just wow! I hope you are giving yourself some extra special self-care today. My opinion is that you deserve it for the hard work you did.  :hug:

sanmagic7

well done, dee.  you did great!  that really was a mountain to tackle, and i'm not surprised if you're a bit shaky afterward.  it was a biggie.  but, dammit, you did it, you brave soul.  the healing will come in its time.  i believe there is some adjustment going on, and that will take a while, and might be uncomfortable.  but, it will come. 

i'm glad you have a therapist who seems supportive, and didn't push you to go too far, or farther than you were ready for.  that's important, too.  just take it as easy as possible, give yourself a break for a bit, let the healing process work.  take care of you - you so deserve it!  thanks for sharing.  big hug.

bring em all in

I join with the others in praising your courage! It is inspiring when one of us breaks through the barriers. I can relate when you say you get it but you don't feel it.

I started with a new T last Monday. She asked if I would read the list I'd made of traumas I suffered growing up. I read them, shaking inside, but outwardly composed as if reading a grocery list.

I hope you continue to progress with you T and that you share here what and when you feel like sharing.

Dee

My therapist tells me it takes courage to do the hard work of therapy!  I think a lot of us can appreciate those words.

Good for you bring em all in!  I wouldn't even know how to tackle that.

sanmagic7

it does take courage to do the hard work of therapy.  it's some of the hardest work i've ever encountered.   some of the most painful and uncomfortable, even disturbing at times.  but when it's done appropriately, even with the pain and discomfort, it is not damaging but rather freeing. 

i've  been locked into my past, defined by my past for far too long.  getting through it, i can finally see and be me.  i believe that's what's on the other side of therapy - our true selves, flawed and miraculous at the same time.  i give you all the credit in the world for doing the hard work, dee and bring 'em all in.  getting closer . . .