Stuck in a rut

Started by RobinSystem, February 05, 2017, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinSystem

For the past two weeks or so I've felt constantly on the verge of a panic attack and it's got to the point where I'm missing entire weeks of college. I don't know how to get myself out of this, all the solutions I have just seem to work in the short term and the next day I'll be back to being scared and withdrawn and shaky.
The only thing I can think that triggered this episode was a fight with my mum which we resolved two weeks ago (arguments, especially where I feel dismissed are bad triggers for me). I also had a very rough breakup of a friendship last year and said friend, despite not speaking to me for a year, gave me an amazing illustration for my birthday.
Other than those two things though, nothing else major has happened which could cause or sustain this episode, I just don't know how to feel able to cope with things. I feel stuck and lost.

sanmagic7

robin, it seems that you took one step, posting about it here, reaching out, and allowing yourself to be vulnerable, that may help.  i've had times like this, and i don't doubt others have as well.  you're not alone.

the two incidents you mentioned may have more to them than you're able to recognize on the surface.  i don't know for sure, but there may be something about them, or some type of underlying connection, or even that they both happened in a relatively short period of time, that has you spinning.  that's the image that came to my mind - that you quiet it down for a short while, then spin into it again.

i sincerely hope you can discover the root of this and be able to lay it to rest.  it's so disheartening to have these things interrupt our lives like this.  best to you.