The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat

So good to see everyone.  Hugs all around.  I'm not in the mood to talk too much today.  I think I'll sit on the steps and watch the birds for a bit--so many different songs and sounds from them.  I'm so thankful for this space and for you all. 

Elphanigh

Coming off the adrenaline and anxiety finally. I think a nap in the hammock between my favorite trees is in order again. Just a calm place to lay and recover. It is good to see everyone on the porch today

sanmagic7

hangin' out here today.  feeling pretty paralyzed.  just gonna rock and enjoy all of you.

Elphanigh

I will be there with you today Sanmagic. I will bring you a candle that is your favorite scent to sit next to your rocking chair, and supply any comforting drink you desire.  :hug:

sanmagic7

thanks, sweetie.  i just got the news about the mri being 'normal' so i'm just p.o'd right now.  going out to the trees and throw eggs.  and yell and scream obscenities.   nothing for the rest of you to worry about, it's magic, it won't bother you.

then i'll take that candle, gardenia, please, and relax for the rest of the night.  right here with the rest of you lovely people.

Candid

Popping in at the porch with your favourite songs from teenage years and some headphones, to remind you your wild and free spirit is still strong. When you just can't help yourself getting up to dance, we'll all surround you and do likewise.  :hug:

Wife#2

Hey, throwing eggs and cussing sounds like a fun, healthy release. I hope it helped.   :hug:

Yes, a dance party! Not that I can dance. It's the fact that I have more unintended jiggle than I did even 5 years ago - there's an entertainment factor in that LOL.

Though, you tell us what you want, San. If cussing & throwing, then count me in.

Elphanigh

San, I really hope that was helpful for you. I am good with the throwing things, that is therapeutic for me. I may not join you in the cussing at the moment. Eventually I think but I am not there yet.

Wife2 the dance party could be fun. I don't dance well but it is fun to do sometimes

Whatever every one needs I am up for! Today I find that I have more energy, and a mix of things that would be therapeutic for me. This place is a great one to come to occasionally just to feel surrounded by such wonderful people. And to feel like I might be able to help someone while here

Elphanigh

Think I need to place to rest this morning. I have had a crazy few weeks. Today is the last day at my job, and I made some really questionable decisions last night..

I think a rest on the porch, watching the birds fly around and then playing fetch with my chocolate lab Milo is perfect. I am bring warm muffins of every type and coffee (decaf if you can't have caffeine) with every type of flavoring you could want. It makes this spot on the porch small delicious

texannurse

I just need to hang out today - stressed and tired of working on therapy. Can i just sit in the corner and just "be"?
Texannurse

Elphanigh

Texasnurse, you can certainly sit and just "be". Pick your favorite spot and just let me know if you need anything  :hug:

texannurse

Elphanigh - Thanks :hug: I think I just need someone to sit by me and support me as I learn to let my emotions thaw. They are doing that right now. That's why I came out to the porch - i needed fresh air and some companionship!
Texannurse

Elphanigh

I will definitely come sit next to you as you do that. It is a difficult thing, glad you are doing it here  :hug:

Wife#2

::: Waiving from the pond :::

If you need more company, TexasNurse, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll be over here by San's garden, adding rocks to the pond waterfall.

The ocean view is wonderful for a slow, easy wave sound and breathing and just being. It's nice, sometimes, just to feel the bricks behind one's back, close one's eyes and breathe. May peace, calm, comfort and safety surround you today. You have permission to feel as you want to feel. No matter WHAT you feel. On the porch, we are allowed to be our authentic selves. You, included.

texannurse

Thanks wife#2. Today is more peaceful. I think I'll venture out to the garden to see how things are coming along. Then I'll snuggle with a blanket and maybe a stuffed animal and just sit quietly and refresh my soul.
Texannurse