The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

I release him to you both! My legs fell asleep and he was getting restless anyway. Overhearing your posts about enthusiastic players of video games, he's drawn to you like a moth to a flame. Just remember, he's only 9 and I'm severely overprotective of him. Poor kid. He'll eat up this attention, conversation and game time.

And I'll eat up watching him flourish around grownups who don't think badly of him for his love of games (Dad). Adults who even know what he's talking about - because Mom is so out of date and out of touch that she still plays candy crush! LOL.

Now that you two have my hugging, cuddling, PVP 1PS fanatic of a son, I think I'll take a nap. A long, deep nap. Thank you, ladies. I know he's in good hands with you two.

Elphanigh

Wife2 I am so glad you trust that he is in good hands. I adore getting to give kids that attention when they need it. There is nothing wrong with liking games. Also, candy crush is still fun to kills some time, so you are perfect even if outdated a bit. Get a much deserved nap.

Btw, irl I watch a 7 year old who absolutely adores games, so it is such a great thing to show interest in what they do. I know from experience

Elphanigh

Think I will come here today. Irl I am going through a pretty bad EF and having to come off of it so I can make important decisions.

I need the escape into calm today. So I choose a blanket of peace, because every bit of me is just craving peace.

Wife#2

Don't mind me. I'm on the porch this morning for courage and steadfastness of purpose. I'll be quiet as I can - my way to build courage is to pace, do things (so if your drink runs out, it will be refilled quickly today).

Elphanigh

Thank you Wife2. I never mind having you around. I do appreciate the quiet today though  :hug: Hopefully you can get the courage that you need today. I am here if you need anything, just need a short time of quiet

Wife#2

Elphanigh

Lots of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Is there anything you need on the porch today, Wife2?

Three Roses

While you curl up in your favorite resting spot, let yourself be taken care of for a change.

I'll make sure you have the right view, garden, sea, whichever. You'll have the beverage of your choice and a snack to go with it, one that satisfies your cravings but is magically healthy. 

I'll light two sticks of incense, and place a lit candle near you. A cozy blanket or shawl is next and the best, most comfortable slippers.

Last touch is some music to help ease the pain and ground you.

Now all that's left to do is to breathe deep and soak in all the love around you, for you are loved by us here, dear woman.

sanmagic7

yes, indeed, you are, you sweet soul.  rest, relax, absorb all the caring and support.  a few crickets tonite for a musical treat against the surf hurtling to the sand. 

i am in my rocker tonite, a shawl around my shoulders, just rocking and listening and being with you and anyone else here.  it's a good nite to be loved.

Wife#2

Thank you, everyone. Your love sustained me through a long, sometimes difficult weekend.

I'm here today, but in the background. Busy day at work and not much time for posting. Your love, and the love of my young son as I left the house today will carry me through this day.

This mother's heart melted when I was already at the car and my 9-year-old son burst out the front door, insisting I couldn't leave until I'd given him a hug and kiss. THEN, he was content to be inside, waiving as I drove away. Yes, my day has begun well. Thank you, son.

And, thank you everyone here on the porch today.  :hug:

sanmagic7

you deserve it, every last drop of love coming your way.   love and hugs always.

Elphanigh

I am going to come here today, at least for the next hour or so. IRL I am waiting to hear more so I need to be in this place to just stay okay until I can know more.

I think I am going to sit in one of the rocking chairs curled up with a blanket of comfort, and good wishes if we can encompass that into a blanket here. I will probably down a lot of calming chamomile peppermint tea, and constantly have a cuddly animal with me

woodsgnome

I'm in the midst of heavy post-surgery physical therapy, but as we know sometimes the emotional side doesn't respect boundaries, and we end up with a combo platter. Today was one of those; end result--it intensified the hurt (worst is you can't explain the emotional parts; physical therapists are trained to stick with what they know, which is good in its own way but leaves out a chunk of what's really affecting things by all this bodily manipulation).

So it's to this porch for the true rehab part of the day. May the peace be with.

Wife#2

Bringing chamomile tea and Bear the puppy to Elphanigh and whatever would help Woodsgnome most today.

All the blankets have been sun-warmed and can be multi-purpose as needed.

I'm here because I'm using the porch for calming again. The only way to calm my mind most days is to do for others, so thank you for being here and giving me purpose!  :hug:

Elphanigh

Thank you so much Wife2. I just need the space to get back to calm. my anxiety got quite the spike htis morning..