Sage's Journal

Started by CactusFlower, February 02, 2021, 04:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

Thank you Narc!

More positive here. Got the first payment check today! Not the big back payment yet, but the first monthly payment. I do wish the envelope's window wasn't so big that you could see the "pay to the order of" and know it's a check, but oh well. It's that multicolor paper that us older people remember from getting tax return checks each year. :) We'll deposit it Weds, and direct deposit next month makes this much easier. Still need the big one, but this is so relieving.

I got us a Costco membership and we went and picked up the cards today and shopped a little. I do love saving money. Planning ahead and buying more in bulk will be better in the long run, since I clearly make too much for food stamps now, sigh. But it's ok, we also got some containers to put more portions in the freezer. I laid down for about 5 hours when we got home, though. I still am really hurting, I just couldn't lay down any longer. Trips with the BFF don't usually do this, I must have been starting a pain flare when we went. Even my elbows are hurting. I want to embroider, but typing this is gonna be my limit for today. May it be better tomorrow.

CactusFlower

I saw a talk upcoming sponsored by a local/regional writer's group, and after a moment of thought, it kinda annoyed me. The title was for the "wannabe" writer who wants to be published.

Um... Excuse me?

Even if I'd never had poetry printed in my college newspaper, or self-published a book of poetry and photography, even if I'd never had a story in an award-winning anthology, even if I'd never had my poems read by a major city Women's Chorus at a performance or have a flash fiction story in a nearby city's Literary Review (coming out in August this year) or have a poem in a local/regional poet's society chapbook for the year, even if I still only wrote fanfic for myself, I AM A WRITER. I am not a "wannabe" simply because I'm not traditionally published by a big house.

I AM A WRITER because I write.

If therapy has done anything for this, I have healed enough to realize I am not going to to allow others to define and put boundaries on what and how I create.

NarcKiddo

:cheer:

Good for you, CactusFlower. You are, indeed, a writer.

Our art teacher is always drumming this into the class, too. We are artists. We may not be professional artists, since we do not sell our work, but we are artists all the same.

CactusFlower

Good on that teacher, Narckiddo. Good attitude for them to have.

just chilling here. I haven't made any calls for a new therapist yet, but I at least did get a step done of looking at reviews and such of some of the recommended ones. One has a clinic that notes online sessions are okay, and they are trauma-informed and LGBT friendly, so I might inquire into that one first. I did also give the pharmacy the info about my changed insurance just the other day when we did a grocery run, so at least that's taken care of between refills. I drop off something at the lawyer's later today and that's the end for our interactions. I've given him good reviews on Yelp and things with full honest disclosure. After 3 years, does feel a little odd to archive those emails. (I don't delete that kind of thing)

Creativity continues. Oh, that reminds me, I need to call in a few minutes and see how much the Little House ended up auctioning off for. Honestly, I'll be thrilled if it went at all. If not, oh well, it was in the show and I'm still proud of it.  All of theirs sold last year, though, so I have hope.

We've decided to do the large batch crockpot cooking on occasion to help eat healthier. We even got more glass containers for the freezer. The containers are the perfect size for 1 or 2 people, so it works out very well today.  Chicken tinga will be in there today so we can eat street tacos tonight and freeze the rest. Then, in a day or two, I'll make kahlua pork (it's hawaiian, not the alcohol) and then chicken tetrazzini (minus pasta). That should carry us for a week, week and a half. :)

Armee

What an obnoxious way to advertise for a writing class. Ick.

Thanks for reminding me about chicken tinga! Such a great filling!

natureluvr

You are absolutely correct, your are a writer because you write.  Artists are artists because they paint. (I'm an artist, don't sell my work anymore). 

Good luck in finding a therapist that is a good fit for you. I also like to cook healthy stuff, and then freeze portions of it.  It works quite well.