Hi - short introduction

Started by within, June 04, 2018, 04:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

within

Hello,

I am from germany. After I searched for a forum on the subject on my main language I didn't found one. So I decided to check in here.
After a long time of a year staying in stationar psychiatric treatment where I tested over 20 different antipsychotics I finally got the diagnosis of PTSD a few month ago. (in icd-10 code) Still the treatment turned out to be orientated on dissociations in the context of c-ptsd using the dsm-5.
I am 23 years old and I study a subject now called "law sciences" for the state exam. Knowing that it might be never possible to work on a court or as a lawyer I try to practice as efficient as possible to maybe be able to stay at university afterwards.
My focus with this forum besides having some good conversations in a non-stigmatizing environment is to develope more strategies on preventing sudden personality changes, the use of skills and just not thinking to complex.
So this my background.

Have a nice day.

Kizzie

Hello and welcome to OOTS within   :heythere:   I'm glad you found your way here and I hope you find the support and information you are looking for here.   :hug:

Estella

Welcome within  :)

I'm sorry to hear that you were put on so many different meds - I know from experience it can be difficult to try out meds that have an adverse effect on you, and end up feeling like a guinea pig after so many tries.

It's wonderful that you are studying and I wish you the best with your studies.

I hope you find the forum helpful and learn some good coping techniques. Have you read Pete Walker's book - from Surviving to Thriving?

within

Thank you for your friendly greetings,

actually I came back from a seminar where I used my ammonia skill just before the next powerpoint page turned out to be about legal incapacity for making contracts because of mental illnesses...
Last time in this seminar I had an accident before and came back there under the effects of an opiod analgetic.
As I came back and read this, it made me kind of happy after these Dr.House moments.

So thank you and I looked up this book on amazon. It looks very solid and I am very happy about the suggestion. He also has a homepage where it is possible to read contents of the book.

Blueberry