Little Houses

Started by CactusFlower, March 18, 2024, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

So, an art center near me does this thing each year called Little Houses. On a certain date, they will hand out rough wooden templates that are blocks connected to for a house shape. You sign up and get a blank, then have 2 months to decorate it/do whatever with it (within size limits) and then turn it back in. They're then auctioned off for charity. I decided to do it this year and challenge my abilities. I crochet, so I decided to cover the house in crochet. BUT! Since it's small, I'm using crochet thread, not yarn. Wow, this stuff is tiny. I'm working on panels to cover each section, then will add details and decorations. I have until April 29 and it's going faster than I thought.

Here's a link to the in-process pics so far. I'll add more as it continues.  little house pics

Kizzie

That's so cool CF!  I love that they are auctioned off at the end - gives purpose to the effort beyond now what do I do with this piece I've created.

I used to do a lot of crafts and now that we are moving I am having to part with them. Tough given the enjoyment and comfort they gave me over the years, but maybe someone else will enjoy them like your little house.

I look forward your seeing your progress.

NarcKiddo

Wow! That is so lovely. Well done.