Important to share the good things too. What are yours?

Started by Phoenix1392, April 01, 2018, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix1392

Hello lovelies,

I've experienced a lot of comfort in discovering this forum and I always love to express how much I appreciate the support I've received from the people on here.
I'm honestly proud of and inspired by everyone on here.
I see a lot of people sharing some very difficult things including self-reflection on how we might treat others because of the things we've been through. That's not an easy thing to do.
What a strong thing. Truly.

So, I think it's important to share when we're having good days too. To remind each other that the good days still can and will happen even after the darkest - most suffocating nights.
I wanted to share my good day with you in hopes that you won't forget that you still and will have good days as well.
I'm on deployment, but we're so close to home I can see the light at the end of the very long tunnel. I was terrified to come back out here because of the things that I went through last time. I had a full-blown breakdown and needed an emergency therapy appointment before we came back out here. I begged the universe to get me out of it somehow because anxiety and panic were wreaking havoc on my body and my soul was so tired.
But here I am. At the end of it. I faced it. I made it through (even though some very triggering things happened while we were out here). I made it.
And I actually found moments to enjoy while out here - who would have thought?

If I made it through something I thought I'd never be able to mentally survive, you can definitely make it through today. Because the good days happen. I promise they do.
Even if the most you can do for yourself today is take a shower and treat yourself to something small you enjoy like a cup of tea, or building a puzzle, or reading a few pages of a good book - something that makes you feel happy/at peace - that in and of itself is a victory. That's huge. Love yourself. It's okay to do that. We forget to do that's sometimes, but we're allowed.  :hug:

What does a good day look/feel like/mean to you?

jamesG.1

for me, simply a functioning head.

As a creative and driven person, having the brain fog dumped on me has been hellish, so when I have days where it lifts and I can just get on and work like I used to is a big deal.

Also, seeing wildlife and impressive landscapes are great because they just transcend the whole mess of people and people issues. I have two towers near me and there are a pair of Peregrine falcons nesting. I can literally sit at my desk and watch the things hunting and recently, mating. Have they no shame?

Landscapes here in Wales are stunning. So more of that please.

Blueberry

Phoenix1392

James - that's great!

I understand what you mean about the wildlife and being in nature. It's definitely one of the things that grounds me the most when I'm having a difficult time. I really appreciate you sharing. Thank you.  :applause:

And thank you, Blueberry. I appreciate the resources. (: