I am new here

Started by LizB, December 26, 2017, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizB

Hello,I am Liz and have been diagnosed with PTSD recently.It was last week.It was from what my ex husband did to me,infidelity cheating on me during our 10 year marriage.It hurt me so bad after hearing my ex husband cheated on me with 3 other women.We divorced in August and things have been better since the divorce became final.It was my family seeing something was wrong with me and that is when I decided to get help for it.So far the therapist I began seeing has been so good to me.

Kizzie

A warm welcome to OOTS Liz  glad you found your way here :heythere: 

I just wanted to mention that we do have a forum for members who developed CPTSD in adulthood, so you may want to post there (although you're welcome to post wherever makes sense to you).

It's great that you have a therapist you like! Now you have another place you can talk about what you're experiencing, both of which can be quite helpful in recovery.

:hug:

Rainagain

Welcome Liz,

I hope things will continue to improve for you now, there are lots of good people here and lots of info to help you understand what the diagnosis means, I was confused when first diagnosed.

Kat

Hello, Liz!  :wave:  Sorry to hear about what your husband put you through.  It sounds like you're headed in a great direction.  Good for you for going into therapy.  That takes courage. 

LizB

My ex husband put me through a lot and I knew he was cheating on me with him being a liar about it.Always was gone until the next day with clean clothes.The clothes he wore the night before smelled like perfume I did not wear and use at all.Included spending money on these 3 women,seen the credit card receipts with purchases of jewelry.I did did kick him right out in June for it and filed for divorce right away.So far the therapist I am seeing knows what needs to be worked on.