Developing new symptoms

Started by StrawRose, November 17, 2017, 10:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrawRose

Hi,  i have never posted before. I was wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience to me.
Lately,  when i am dysregulated and having intense emotional flashbacks I am getting "stuck" in them for hours,  and the way my brain tries to disconnect from the pain is by a kind of weird combination of catatonic behavior (holding my arms and body in odd ways) and making strange cries and noises (throwing up sounds, moans) If i cannot disconnect from the experience it could look to someone else like some form of Autism at moments.  I am not sure I have heard of this before. I am not sure what is wrong

Three Roses

Thus kind of sounds like some of the "seizures" I've heard about some of us having. I'll look around and see if I can find more info. Hang in there. (Welcome, by the way!)

Kat

Hey there and welcome!  I'm glad you posted.  I haven't experienced anything quite like you described except for a few times during therapy sessions when things were coming up from the past wanting to be known.  I can't know if it's the same thing at all, but my therapist explained that what was happening with me were enactments of things that happened in the past.  They weren't exactly "reenactments" of stuff that had happened, but ways my body was trying to show something of what I experienced.  I don't know if this is at all helpful, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Take good care of yourself!

Rainagain

Hi strawrose

I have seizures where I blink rapidly, make mouth movements and when it ends I can't remember anything about it.

Mine last 30-40 minutes max.

It looks like a complex partial seizure but is probably pnes from reading the links 3 roses gave.

Not quite the same as yours but trauma has lots of different effects on the body I guess.

BlancaLap

Hi and welcome to the forum! I haven't had that experiences you're talking about but I'm sure I will have them some day if I'm not numb anymore. I think it's understandable to have them. I don't know what else to say.
Good luck!