Vitamin D

Started by JamesG, October 03, 2017, 08:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

right now I'd be 80% certain it's an uplift down to Vitamin D

Three Roses

JamesG

having said that, a crash this afternoon. I suspect it was because I pounced on the energy and overdid it tho. Lesson learned. Thinking of it as an enforced power nap. Let's see if it returns to form tomorrow. I'm up against the weekend, whch I hate, so we will see.

JamesG

another 2 hour crash this afternoon. annoying but probably my own fault. I pounded on my energy this morning and over mined it, that following three pints of lager at the queen's arms last night. DOH! back up now tho and trying to have my second morning of the day minus the mistakes of morning 1. I'd like to say you live and learn, but I clearly don't. Vitamin D definitly helps, but the issue is still there, it's all about pacing.  Tea, tea will make it better, where's my tea?

Contessa

Small steps. It's a learning curve, no mistakes are being made :)
It will take time for your body to rebuild its strength.
My advice (you're free to disagree of course): do things as normal, like you're not on supplements
Relax and listen to your body. Slowly increase its challenges when it is telling you it is able. And it is :)

JamesG

v good advice Contessa. The period leading me here was manic, I just didn't stop so of course, that's my go-to way of zipping about. Trying to do things at half speed and not sweat some things being left undone. Mostly that's ok but I still find myself walking like an olympian and trying to plan far too ambitiously. The alcohol is a challenge tho. I don't drink to forget, and rarely get drunk, but it is habitual. I know that it is mangled up in my physiology but come 6 pm, it's calling me like a klaxon to take the edge off.

I don't mind going slow on the housework, not going out or taking longer to do work that I resent, it's my writing and the promotion of my novels that is driving me banjo. The books are passive income, if they sell, I make cash without actually working, but they need me to get my head around a few bits and bobs of software and some marketing and yet my head is porridge. But it is what it is.

JamesG

well saturday didn't bounce back... zero alcohol tonight but boy, I could be barely bothered to open this window and type. I wish I understood this a bit better, why now? It is probably the alcohol on top of the meds, probably, but then this thing is always so bloody vague. I'd research it, but I can't be bothered. hehe.

AphoticAtramentous

Did some random research just because I wasn't sure how long I'd need to wait before making any accurate judgements yet.
http://www.nutritionsheila.com/nutrition-applied-blog/how-long-does-it-take-supplements-to-work
Supposedly it takes 2-4 weeks on average for the vitamins and stuff to start actually taking effect.

It's been 5 days and I haven't seen much positive change in my mood/energy levels yet, so still waiting...

JamesG

that's interesting, because something boosted me really well, possibly a placebo possibly changes in my psychology since recent counselling. As ever, C-PTSD is like hunting for a lost ring in a dirty canal.

JamesG

well it's a pretty vague picture today. Picking up tonight but up and down. I dunno. Alcohol is virtually non existant so that's not so much of a factor. But being bothered to do anything is a challenge. Not quite the cure all I'd hoped it would be at the start, but then it's too early for that anyway given what was posted above. as usual, C-PTSD never gives you an easy answer to anything. I'll keep on tho, that;s what you do.

Contessa

Yes don't give up JamesG! This is progress even if you think it isn't.
Vit D is one thing of many remember :) Small steps, gradual changes. Perhaps too many things are changing all at once, and it's a shock to the body.

Maybe stick to one or two adjustments per week, no more, for the body to adjust. You've done a week of the D, perhaps slowly reduce the alcohol intake per week rather than go cold turkey.

Now you mention it I do remember (before my vitamin cocktail) those short bursts of energy on occasions and getting excited. But we have been through a lot, we need to be gentle with ourselves until that strength builds up again. Then we'll conquer the world!!! Haha

JamesG

yes, let's take over! An army of evil villains who are actually too nice if anything! Slow steady recovery is definitely the order of the day. Gonna be a very lazy winter! Not pushing is the key, and not letting others push either. Decisions about how we live have to be just that, ours, and made about what enables us to feel unpressured.

Eyessoblue

I'm the same, is it the cptsd or vitamins I don't know, go from high manic episodes to down to the floor depression then ok somewhere in between, just feel confused and don't know where I really am....

JamesG

let's keep this up guys, seeing this as objectively as possible we might be able to mutually support each other. I'm certainly bouncing around like a pinball but given the non-bouncy pinballness of the period that led me here, I'm happy to see that as a sign of recovery. I said to someone today that my lows are making me high, I guess what I mean is that the more I feel the pain as the dissociation goes, the more I know I'm on the up. Counter-intuitive but I think it fits.

Contessa

Hey I think the same way :)

The last few lows I've had, i've taken them as a sign of recovery. Not in a deluded sense of course, but as a sign of increased mental and physical strength to deal with issues I didn't have the strength to deal with before. The lows last a lot shorter too.