New here too

Started by Dave Buurma, September 02, 2017, 10:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Buurma

Hello, I am looking forward to joining a community of people who "get it" because, I believe a person must go through this to really understand it. I will not go through my story right now except to say it was a long term work environment, my supervisor is a Narcissist and I worked in a violent workplace for 10 years and I have lost everything (family, marriage, job, health, life savings and have been living out of my office for 2 years) I am here because I really need to get out of this and am in the process of focusing my career on helping others know what to do, be aware of.....

Candid

Hi Dave, and welcome! :wave:

I split your post off from the thread you posted it in so people will see you've arrived and be able to reply to you.

I look forward to reading your story when you feel ready to write about it.  BTW, you may want to reconsider using your real name here.

Three Roses

AphoticAtramentous

Welcome to the forum, mate. ^-^
A lot of us here 'get it', so I think you've joined the right place. :)

Kizzie

Rainagain

Hello Dave
Just joined as got a cptsd diagnosis earlier this week and so here I am.
Mine is adult onset too and I relate to your post as my situation involved work related threats to my life over a long time, stuff I couldn't prevent or avoid so had to just endure as best I could.
I'm in a much safer place now and look back with disbelief at what has happened to me.
I grieve over what I had to abandon in order to gain personal safety, but it eventually became necessary if I was to survive as some sort of person.
Anyone else worry about losing the plot and causing harm to others? I live isolated to avoid others, part of that is in case they threaten me in some way as I don't want to over react.

sanmagic7

hi dave, and welcome.  very glad you're here. 

this forum is filled with kind, caring people who do 'get it'.  i hope you feel comfortable here.  it's been life-changing for me.  sending you a hug if you want it.