Improving your environment

Started by LittleBird, November 23, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBird

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on what helps to change around you to help with what's going on inside you.

I've been given flowers which is nice, just cheers me up a bit. Been trying to chill out more but my body isn't really able to relax at this stage. Putting more effort in (although trying too hard is obviously not helpful).

Dee

I keep little chalk boards on the wall that I write positive affirmations.  I also keep essential oils nearby.  I try to have colors in the house that make me feel good.  I also like lots of light and a fire makes me feel warm and relaxed.

AphoticAtramentous

Warm lights and a clean environment works wonders for me. :)

sanmagic7

i've started spritzing my pillow with some flowery spray before i go to sleep.  i can't believe what a difference it's made in relaxing and calming me.

since i rent a room in someone else's house, i also keep as many personal things that bring either good feelings or good memories around me.  they all help me feel comforted.

LittleBird

That's really helpful, lots of grounding things. I have a habit of neglecting personal choices for decoration/environment if that makes sense. I've not always let it be important enough. I'll have to prioritise it more from now.