First visit introduction

Started by Trayal, August 22, 2017, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trayal

Good afternoon.
While surfing the net I happened upon a definition of PTSD. With that definition came a new designation CPTSD which I had never heard of.  I read it and realized that someone actually, and finally found a label, which defined/defines my 60 years of experiences.  I have analyzed my experiences and honestly cannot claim to have overcome. I say that because I never know what tomorrow may bring, only that I know what yesterday dealt me.  It is said that only hindsight has perfect vision and with age comes wisdom. Nevertheless tomorrow always has a measure of anxiety. I wish I could break out of that fog but if I knew how, I'd have done it. 

Since I do not know how this forum functions, or who may be reading it, I will be cautious. I will be real, and if I offend, or trigger any traumas, I will leave.
I am female. Age 60. Born into abuse, married into abuse. My normal was in constant flux. Normal is an unknown.

Lets see how this goes

Hope66

Hi Trayal,
I just wanted to say 'Welcome' and I'm glad you've found this forum - and I hope you'll find it helpful and supportive. 
Hope  :)

Three Roses

Hi! I could have written your post - I'll be 61 this fall and to me normal is just a setting on the dryer. Have never known any other kind of life.

In this forum I've finally found a sense of belonging like never before. People who understand, who don't react to me as if I were from another planet, and who've given me names for the symptoms I've always struggled against, just thinking they were character flaws.

I hope you have a similar experience here. Thanks for joining!

Blueberry

Welcome, Trayal!  :heythere:

Quote from: Trayal on August 22, 2017, 06:35:59 PM
Since I do not know how this forum functions, or who may be reading it, I will be cautious. I will be real, and if I offend, or trigger any traumas, I will leave.

If you think that something you are writing could trigger somebody, then add TRIGGER WARNING! to the subject line, or even just TW!!! Or if it's a long post, you can also write  TRIGGER WARNING! a line above the start of what may trigger. Then everybody is forewarned. But don't worry, there will be people who read your post anyway. Just that those in a shaky state that day might avoid.