Shivers

Started by Deb, August 11, 2017, 10:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Does anyone know what its means if you're trembling a lot. Like you just had a car accident kinda thing. Anyone ever experienced it? I've been feeling it alot and want to understand why. Its not to do with temperature, its something emotional.

Lingurine

Deb, I had this twelve years ago, when I suffered from a major burn out. I'm sorry you feel this bad. Do you take some anti depressants? They might help you.

Lingurine

Eyessoblue

Hi yes, I get this regularly. I spoke to my therapist and she told me it is a hightened state of anxiety, basically too much adrenaline is being produced and your body goes into a heightened state, its then that some simple things in life that normally you can cope with suddenly you can't because your body is in such an anxious state, sometimes I wake up in the morning and my whole body is shaking from head to to, my hands are so shaky I can't lift anything, my brain will feel extra foggy al,out as if I'm looking through a cloud, my heart feels like it's going to leap out of my body and I can't hold a conversation or remember anything. It's a horrible if not frightening state to be in so I can sympathise with you, as your anxiety ceases so do the symptoms but I know that's easier said then done. I've found now after having 12 EMDR sessions my shakiness has got a lot less and I think I'm feeling clearer and less anxious about things. I've also found that by taking a magnesium supplement it's has helped a lot which might be worth you checking as low levels of magnesium produce similar symptoms, mine see,ed a lot better after taking just a few tablets so I make sure I take one every day now.

Blueberry

Hi Deb, I've had it too, combined with intense crying, always when I've had a huge realisation about how much my family has not been there for me. I think I have been told that it's the body's own reaction, so nothing to be unduly worried about. Rather that the body is getting rid of stress that way. But I might be misremembering.

Deb

Thanks for replying xxx  i take prozac in the morning and immovane at night for sleep. Not sure if the antidepressants actually do anything. Blueberry, im thinking along those same lines. My gut tells me its like a shock/ vulnerable reaction i think. Im trying to feel my feelings more, so id like to think its a good sign that im less disconnected from my emotions, which is closer to healing right?

Lingurine

Right Deb, take it one step at a time. You can try to just live through your feelings and come out on the other side stronger. Maybe you have the right to be sad and depressed over the way your life is going.

Lingurine