How important is it to cry?

Started by texannurse, July 20, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Quote from: texannurse on July 25, 2017, 02:10:37 PM
I still can't cry and it's driving me nuts. I want to break the tension i feel inside, but it won't break.

It may just be too early for you. I can appreciate that that's not what you want to hear, but (been there, done that) if you or someone else e.g. therapist tries to force things along too soon, it can be harmful. Particularly so when we have CPTSD. I have been pushed too far, too soon at least 4 times in my healing process. I was destabilised for months afterwards, retraumatised even, and had to look for treatment elsewhere to help me back on my feet. When I try and push myself too far, I end up stumbling at the very least.

:hug:

texannurse

Wife and Blueberry -
Thank you! i really appreciate your shares. It doesn't necessarily make me feel better - but at least it sheds some light on it. I think I do push myself too hard to get this "recovery thing" done and over with. But i'm learning that is not realistic to expect or even hope for. I guess it will happen when it happens. So there's a bit of hope there  :)

Texannurse

Candid

Quote from: texannurse on July 25, 2017, 09:11:37 PM
I think I do push myself too hard to get this "recovery thing" done and over with.

It's what we all want, texannurse, but IMO 'over and done' is an illusion anyway. It's a process, incremental steps in the right direction. Acceptance when we do a bit of backsliding, then forward again. I think we have to realise no one walking this planet has got it all together. If they look like they have, consider them as role models and remember we all fake it sometimes.

There's a continuum from rock-bottom suicidal misery to a life of pleasure and success. We're all standing on the continuum; it's just a matter of which direction we're facing.

Lingurine