G'say. Ich Bien Ein Frootloop

Started by Rick, December 30, 2014, 11:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Hello. My name is Rick.
I am a survivor of 14 years of torture by ny adoptive mother.

I have a CPTSD diagnosis and whilst trying to return to work I write articles around complex Mental Illness and it's affects.

This is the first forum I've come across that actually addresses complex PTSD. In Australia we barely acknowledge it as a condition at all. Of course treatment afficacy is a major issue and I believe it's important to educate the Mental Health sector into the issues that surround complex diagnoses. This is in an attempt to not only encourage better suppport and treatment options but also a way gain a more objective perspective on these diagnoses for myself.

Aint life a kicker?

Hope endures

Rick

Annegirl

Hi Rick,
welcome, its lovely to have you come here to this forum,
you've come to the right place. I hear you and feel for you. Are you away from your adoptive mother now? A lot of abuse goes on in Australia and i believe its not really acknowledged here ( i also live in Australia) because so many people i believe are going through some cptsd.
Its great that you have found this site, their are heaps of great resources and info on cptsd here. It really helps, and the family hereis very supportive.
i hope you get a lot out of this forum and the caring /loving people here.
kindest regards
:hug:

Rain

Hi Rick,

And, I'm sorry you got the very, very bad lottery ticket for the "torturing adoptive mother"     Yes, I can well imagine you are dealing with CPTSD....

I'm glad you made your way here, and I would guess you've found Pete Walker web site www.pete-walker.com where there is treasure trove of CPTSD information.  His book is a must to heal IMHO.

There is an effort to do what you describe with this web site, and Kizzie leads that up.  So, I hope you can also contribute.

Yeah, life is a kicker but you can kick off a lot of the damage.   Join us on the Journey, Rick.

Grace, Hope and Healing in your Journey.

Rain   :hug:

smg

Welcome, Rick! I think that you've found a good place here -- we're quite accepting of fruit-flavoured breakfast foods. ;->
I'm sorry to hear that you suffered with your adoptive mother.
I laughed reading your subject line, and I appreciate the humour in exagerated bluntness, but..., I hope that you can see yourself as a person with wounds and scars from the past (wounds that you're working hard to heal), rather than defining yourself with a funny/pejorative label. Continue hoping and healing!

smg

Rick

Thankyou SMG,Rain and Annegirl.

A lovely welcome.

Rick