The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Nothing like a bit of vigorous exercise for getting rid of pent-up anger or rage. Not to mention the allowed destruction part. That block of wood can turn into anything you like. Chop. I might join you.

Also while ThreeRoses is building her tree-house, there may be some bits of leftover wood that can go on the bonfire.

Maybe some of us have other rubbish for the fire? It can be cathartic to see various papers go up in smoke. Or other burnable detritus.

alliematt

I'll volunteer for wood-splitting duty and look for debris while I'm at it.

Blueberry

I'm coming back to sit here, wrapped in a blanket, after writing a letter to a FOO member. Not to be sent of course, just for here.  :'( :'( off and on while writing. Cathartic, healing. It's time those tears came out. And yes, my T was right  - I've been making time and space for this part of my healing process.

Anybody else around, whether it's 3 AM or a more normal time in your part of the world?

Elphanigh

It has been so great to read through about 7 days of posts here. I will be absent for a few more days as work and life have been taking all the energy I have, and more this weekend.

Wife2, it is so good to see you posting s bit. Have missed you dear friend.

I will be on the porch in spirit, so even if my body is not getting rest my spirit can be.

Wife#2

Forgive me. I'm being selfish today.  I'll be quietly sitting by the fan, staring into the turning blades, feeling the wind on my face. My blanket today has many properties: Forgiveness of self, comfort, acceptance. I need a chance to empty my brain.

I may still be here at nightfall and will help drag sticks and logs down to the beach bonfire pit. I'm carving names into some of the logs. I'm carving memories into some of the others. I may not be strong enough to cut these down, but I can drag with the best of them. I also kind-of like the idea of carving my hurts into the wood and watching them burn away in the fire.

woodsgnome

Taking a break from splitting logs.

Wife#2, this is fantastic: ..."I also kind-of like the idea of carving my hurts into the wood and watching them burn away in the fire."

I used to do this with slips of paper...write down what and/or who I need bid farewell to, then burn them in the fire. The log-carving is even better--it's not instant like the paper slips, takes some thought, time and effort to accomplish.

When you burn them, you derive an extra bonus--those self-same hurts send warmth back from the fire; warmth that you created out of the old wounds. Result: an even cozier bonfire than first imagined.  :bigwink:

Wife#2

WG, you are a genius. I didn't give it that much thought. I like where you went with that. A truly wonderful idea.

:: Reaching for my chisel and hammer ::: These are going to be deep because the wounds are deep. Maybe I'll reach a knot and the fire will whistle as it burns away some of this pain.

I'm looking forward to sundown tonight, now.  :hug:

Elphanigh

Definitely been on the porch with you today. With me being physically ill, I have just needed a place to rest and feel better. I need to go to work tomorrow so I am hoping two days of rest will be enough..

Wife#2

Healing prayers and hugs being sent your way, El. Here is some just-hot-enough tea to help sooth the nerves and ease the stresses you're feeling.  :hug:

sanmagic7

so good to check in here.

i love the idea of carving old wounds/hurts and throwing them into the fire.  i know mine will send off sparks, which i always love to see. 

el, i hope you're feeling better.  still got soup if you need it.

wife2, so glad you're back.  i know you've had your own stuff going on, but i've missed you sorely nonetheless.

this is a porch day for me.  i'll be gathering my strength to see the new t in 2 days.  just wanna veg out, listen to the waves, enjoy the presence of everyone here, sick or not.  you all give me strength and soothing.  will rock, flowers in my hair, eyes closed, smelling the fragrance around me.  yes, i lovely day.

Three Roses

I think I'll spend some time sitting on the porch steps, playing my guitar in the sun. I need some porch time. I may even wander off to my newly completed tree house.

Blueberry

Your treehouse is done already?!? That was fast, 3Roses!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Three Roses

Sceal

I'm going to curl up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate. I'm up for some boardgames though, to distract the thoughts if anyone's game

Blueberry

I love boardgames! (With a few exceptions.)