The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Blueberry

Hi Woodsgnome  :heythere:  I'm happy you're joining us.

I was on the porch today in my imagination, the way I used to go to an Inner Safe Place in my imagination.

Sceal

Im feeling a bit lonely right now,  so if its okay with you guys Ill join you on the porch

Three Roses

Everyone is welcome on the porch! And magically, there's never a crowd. ;)

Sceal

Wife#2

Welcome to our newest folks. We're glad you've joined us on the healing porch.

The picture on my avatar is of an actual porch I've visited. It's a wraparound with roof over most (not all - some like sunshine) and screened in at one section.

Here, it wraps fully around the house, one edge is at the beach, another edge is by a forest, a third by a garden tended by several green-thumbed (at least here) members, the fourth changes to the needs of the visitor.

All drinks are healthy and healing (alcohol is allowed, as this is a magical place and we're not driving from here). All food is delicious and filling. Scenes can change as needed, music and other ambient elements can and often do change per the person willing it.

I keep a trunk of warmed blankets. My favorite blanket wraps me in a sense of peace and acceptance. They are always slightly warm. Today, mine is shaped like a snuggie (or whatever that thing is called) and I'm in the hammock on the beach side of the porch.

I can see everyone else, because all windows are always open to allow breezes through the house. You are welcome here. All pets are welcome, those here and on the rainbow bridge. As this place is magic, no animal even growls or hisses at another.

Bring with you whatever you need to help you feel safe and relaxed. You and your things are safe here. Welcome.

WG - a special welcoming hug to you. It's so huge when we first start to realize we need each other. Really need each other. I'm honored to be here with the others, supporting you.

Three Roses

Wife, I would like your permission to start building a tree house in the forest.

Wife#2

Let it be so! I can help with handing boards up, but don't put a hammer in my hands if this is a safe place  ;)

I like the sounds of hammering, the smells of boards being cut to length, the easy camaraderie of friends pitching in together, so count me in to help build it.

It can be your sanctuary as you need, 3R

Sceal

Is there a fireplace, or a fire pit somewhere? I would love to sit and just stare into the fire tonight.  Or potentially stare up at the starry sky (if it gets nighttime here)

Three Roses

There's a chiminea at one end, feel free to reposition it to your liking! :)

Blueberry

This place is magic, so I'm sure your bit of the sky can have stars. If somebody else is frightened of the dark, they won't see your bit, they'll see daylight only.

Besides the chiminea, I'm sure a bonfire down on the beach would be possible, if that's more to your liking. We've been known to gather on the porch and sing. But I know a bonfire can be a nice place for that too.

Three Roses

A bonfire! Why didn't I think of that  :cloud9:

alliematt

I need something chocolate.

Blueberry

There's probably even a chocolate tree, invisible to those of us who would go overboard on the chocolate, like me. BTW chocolate tastes good with real mint leaves and might with lemon balm too. Both those herbs are in the garden.

woodsgnome

Fireplaces and bonfires need wood, so I'll volunteer for the wood-splitting duties. If that sounds more like work than therapy, it's more akin to venting and releasing pent-up energy while serving a good cause everyone can benefit from. It's healing, and it'll help me give back to this amazing community.  :bigwink: