Newbie error

Started by clarity, July 07, 2017, 09:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarity

Feeling like a twit  :doh: as been reokying to unread topics and not spotted they were old posts from several weeks ago.... some of them may seem a bit odd for that reason as they relate to people sharing current events...hope that makes sense. Is there a button for all newly posted topics that I missed so that I dont have to look at every page to see new threads???  Doh. Just off to have a word with Inner Critic and tell it to back off!!

clarity

Hahaa thats hilarious..  'reokying' is japanese for 'replying'.

At least that got Inner Critic chuckling too..  ;D

songbirdrosa

Well, you can tell that Inner Critic that it has nothing to hold against you. I actually like getting replies to older topics, it's nice to have a new voice added to them :).

As it happens, there's a link under your profile stuff in the top right corner labelled "Recent Unread Topics" where you can look at what and where people have been posting.

Blueberry

I loved the reply you gave me! It did me so much good.  :fireworks: :woohoo: :yahoo: :excited: are all going on internally right now because your post reminded me and especially my feelings (as opposed to intellect) of that great progress I made just under 2 weeks ago.
Also when you reply to an older post, it brings it back up to the top of the Updated Topics list, giving other people more chance to see this topic. There is a wealth of information on this forum, no bad thing if keeps returning to the surface and being added to.

When I was new, I replied to lots of older posts because I was just so excited about all that experience and information contained in them. You did not make an error. Inner Critic can go hide under a chair for a while and keep quiet.

clarity

:cheer: ooh thanks for those replies!

Inner Critic has the hmmphh's!

Hehehe  ;D

woodsgnome

Blueberry's response to this makes a significant point.

'Older post' doesn't necessarily equate to out-of-date topic...as was indicated: "it brings it back...there is a wealth of information on this forum, no bad thing if topics keep returning to the surface and being added to."

Someone's observations or feelings, even if posted in 2014, might be as relevant to someone reading it today as it was then. So it's a good deal to have these archived, accessible, and still open for comment if one feels drawn to do so.

And the ICr can go fly their kite if they don't approve.