fighting back

Started by JamesG, June 12, 2017, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

gaahhhhh. yesterday was bad. I was knee deep in looking at the the whole story and just wallowing in bewilderment.

There's no answer to it, you have to get that much from it. People can be dreadful. They always will. I phoned the samaritans late last night, not suicidal but its important to k ow that they are there for emergency counselling. Sometimes all you need is someone to hear your story and confirm just how off the wall it was. And it was. That helped a lot, it was getting dangerously close to the self blame thing, and yet I'm not even remotly blame for what hit me, not even slightly.

Anyway, it helped. Today I start with my new counsellor. EMDR and all that. Yes I'm out on a limb, but it's my limb.

radical

We're here for you JamesG.

All the best for your healing with your new counsellor.

sanmagic7

good for you for calling when you needed that extra little something.  that is definitely one way to fight back.  not blaming yourself is another.  you and the rest of us - definitely not to blame for any of it!

i agree, there are no answers.  i know that i searched for years and years before i finally came to accept that.   good luck with your new therapy - i'm an emdr therapist, and i believe in it.  i hope you have good results.   hugs to you on that new adventure.

JamesG

Dee

Sharing your thoughts or story takes away the power.  I learned this inpatient.  If I start to have thoughts of hurting myself I can call and tell someone and the thoughts ease up.  Good for you for calling!!!