My sister has borderline and....

Started by shoshannah, June 17, 2017, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoshannah

My sister has borderline and...

She is honestly starting to scare me. The way she looks at me with those eyes and stomps around the house. The way she is 30 and talks to my parents as if she is their little baby. The way she kisses me on the head before she leaves and treats me like a baby even though I am 21. I swear, ever since she has been visiting for the summer (she is a professor so she has summers off) I have been on edge, because I am waiting for the moment that she snaps, goes hysterical, or blames me for something I didn't do. It's making me really depressed, like I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning lately cause I hear her voice in the kitchen and it's so piercing and I am so scared! Agh....

I really just needed to share that...anyone who can relate, please post it would be really appreciated right now

xx shosh

Dee

I can relate, professionals I have seen say my sister fits borderline to a T.  Yet, I think it is the willingness to get help and move forward that counts.  I feel it is an illness that can be treated as long as the person is willing to get what they need.  My sister is not willing to work on herself because the problem is with everyone else.  For this reason I am working on distancing and planning my move.

Lingurine

Shoshanna, my sister is like that too. Haven't seen her in a long time. For me, it was like someone with a very strange way of seeing the world and every one in it, is there to meet her needs. Exhausting really. When I wanted something I was totally dismissed, it was about what she wanted, when something didn't go her way, she put a tantrum like a 3 year old. I had to serve her every need  :dramaqueen: she was mean and vicious and as a Thank you, she threatened to kill herself. Obviously she never did. Can't win.

:Idunno:

Lingurine

shoshannah

Quote from: Dee on June 17, 2017, 03:04:58 AM

I can relate, professionals I have seen say my sister fits borderline to a T.  Yet, I think it is the willingness to get help and move forward that counts.  I feel it is an illness that can be treated as long as the person is willing to get what they need.  My sister is not willing to work on herself because the problem is with everyone else.  For this reason I am working on distancing and planning my move.

Thank you for your reply,

You hit the nail on the head with pointing out that "she is not willing to work on herself because the problem is with everything else." Good job for focusing on yourself and planning your move- I have been doing the same. Stay strong!