TAPPING (EFT-Emotional Freedom Technique)

Started by Sandals, November 12, 2014, 01:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandals

I received the below from my T. I thought this was the weirdest thing when I first tried it...but now I really find connection with it. From everything I've read, it's gaining rapid acceptance in many channels. I think of it as a cross between self-acupuncture and positive self-talk.

QuoteEFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques is a relatively new discovery and a fast-evolving treatment within the field of Energy Psychology which is catching the attention of healers, scientists, spiritualists and lay people.

Often referred to as "Psychological acupressure", the technique works by releasing blockages within the energy system which are the source of emotional intensity and discomfort. These blockages in our energy system, in addition to challenging us emotionally, often lead to limiting beliefs and behaviours and an inability to live life harmoniously. Resulting symptoms are either emotional and/ or physical and include lack of confidence and self esteem, feeling stuck anxious or depressed, or the emergence of compulsive and addictive behaviours. It is also now finally widely accepted that emotional disharmony is a key factor in physical symptoms and dis-ease and for this reason these techniques are being extensively used on physical issues, including chronic illness with often astounding results. As such these techniques are being accepted more and more in medical and psychiatric circles as well as in the range of psychotherapies and healing disciplines.

An EFT treatment involves the use of fingertips rather than needles to tap on the end points of energy meridians that are situated just beneath the surface of the skin. The treatment is non-invasive and works on the ethos of making change as simple and as pain free as possible.

EFT is a common sense approach that draws its power from Eastern discoveries that have been around for over 5,000 years. In fact Albert Einstein also told us back in the 1920's that everything (including our bodies) is composed of energy. These ideas have been largely ignored by Western Healing Practices and as they are unveiled in our current times, human process is reopening itself to the forgotten truth that everything is Energy and the potential that this offers us

TAPPING (EFT-Emotional Freedom Technique)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4EDgTc0AyQ

And here's a website with great resources and info: http://www.tapping.com/

"Even though I feel _______________________________ I wholly and completely love and accept myself, my mind, my body, my soul and my personality, even though ____________________________________"

Kizzie

One of my T's told me about this and I tried it but didn't find it did much (which is not to say it's not effective for some people, it just didn't help me).  I used to be on the Daughters of Narcissist Mothers and I know the founder was quite into EFT and had quite a few videos for sale on it.  Not sure if they're still available though.

Are you finding it helpful?