Moving and feeling validated

Started by Elphanigh, May 12, 2017, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

After sharing so many sad and difficult days on here I wanted to celebrate a good one  :cheer:

I have chosen to move when my lease is up. I will be living on my own closer to the fun part of the city I love. This decision is completely made with my own health and well being in mind. I am deciding to have my own space so I have room to heal and to focus on myself. I am choosing to, in a good way, be selfish with my energies and strike out on my own. I believe having space and time to devote to my needs both for recovery and for the life I am trying to build will help me find more of myself and have more faith in myself.

I told the people I had thought about moving in with and they completly validated that I seemed to be more sure of myself adn they were glad I was choosing something that would help make me happy.

I am starting a brand new adventure and am excited at the prospect. Here's to celebrating standing up for myself and making progress. Previously I would have done anything just to people please but I am deciding not to. I am choosing for me, not for everyone around me  :cheer:

Blackbird

Yay! Congratulations, that's a great decision :)  :cheer:

Blueberry

Congratulations on this great step  :cheer:

Elphanigh

Further on this positive thing!

I finally found the place and put my deposit down. It is perfect space for just me and my cat! I have sold older furniture that is a reminder of other things and opted to find some that fits better the space and my own personal needs right now.

I am looking at this as me designing my own little safe haven. It will be just me and only people that I find safe and good in there. It is mine to set up and design how I want it to be. I have a very limited budget but selling the older stuff is allowing me to buy newer stuff with that money. I am just being creative and finding pieces that really suit me.

This is an exciting shift and adventure in my life. I am so excited to move into my new home next week. For this holiday weekend I get to pack and prepare to move.

As far as progress with my symptoms, I am not afraid of living alone right now. I am a bit nervous because it is new, but I am no longer completely fearful. I used to be, instead I can look at this a a good opportunity to truly focus on myself and create a space full of good energy, where I am not obligated to do anything

Blueberry

Sounds like great progress in multiple ways. Yay for you!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Blackbird

Hope66

Hi Elphanigh,

This is great news, I'm really pleased to see you've found a place you like, and that you're feeling validated.   :hug:

Hope  :)

Lingurine

:fireworks:

This is such a great step forward! I wish you good luck.

Lingurine

Elphanigh