Deb

Three things I'm grateful for or that are good today:
Treating myself to a couple of glasses of wine, steak dinner and dessert
Got to Sydney for an MRI
Having enough money to be able to go interstate

Blueberry

Quote from: AphoticAtramentous on August 30, 2017, 12:31:14 AM
Quote from: Blueberry on August 29, 2017, 04:07:46 PM
2) It's a very summery summer day and I allowed myself to stay at the lake shore standing in the water ...
Heh, thanks for bringing this one up. It gave me a flashback of the 'simpler' times of my childhood, wandering through a rain forest with the sounds of a waterfall nearby, just taking a moment to sit back and enjoy the surrounds, feeling at peace in my own solitude.

Glad you could have a nice little outing. :) And a good therapy session!

Thank you AphoticAtramentous! Your memory of the rainforest walk with waterfall nearby sounds lovely too.

For today:
1) I was able to remove a small cat from where it had seemingly got stuck. Since I'm nervous of cats (don't ask), this was a good feat for me
2) I've had a lot of nice little chats with people today, mostly who I just bumped into. There are some days where I don't speak to anybody till the evening, so nice change
3) I'm getting on quite well with cleaning, tidying and odd jobs today.
4) I really don't miss my pets as much as I thought I would, and one is re-homed already (!), I saw on the website. I feel somehow I now have more time, energy and even money for the significant child in my life, my godson.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Deb on August 30, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Three things I'm grateful for or that are good today:
Treating myself to a couple of glasses of wine, steak dinner and dessert
Got to Sydney for an MRI
Having enough money to be able to go interstate
That's awesome, Deb. :) Really happy you could treat yourself! You deserve it.

Quote from: Blueberry on August 30, 2017, 11:42:31 AM
Thank you AphoticAtramentous! Your memory of the rainforest walk with waterfall nearby sounds lovely too.

For today:
1) I was able to remove a small cat from where it had seemingly got stuck. Since I'm nervous of cats (don't ask), this was a good feat for me
2) I've had a lot of nice little chats with people today, mostly who I just bumped into. There are some days where I don't speak to anybody till the evening, so nice change
3) I'm getting on quite well with cleaning, tidying and odd jobs today.
4) I really don't miss my pets as much as I thought I would, and one is re-homed already (!), I saw on the website. I feel somehow I now have more time, energy and even money for the significant child in my life, my godson.  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks, Blueberry. ^-^
Good job on all those things though! :D I'm happy for you.

My own three good things:
#1. Just like you Blueberry, I was actually able to hold a few chats and conversations today. :) Was at work, getting to know my coworkers a little better. Made me feel a little less anti-social. lol
#2. My closest friend came back from a business trip so we can spend more time with each other like usual.  :cheer: Yay for being less lonely.
#3. Read more of Pete Walker's stuff, ending up having another crying meltdown but tears are a part of the healing process supposedly so I guess that's good!

Deb

Having a safe place to live where I can sleep all day
My cat being here for me, cuddles
Yale online free courses, being able to access learning

Elphanigh

It warms my heart this morning to see how much this is still getting used  :hug:
Here are some good things to start my day as it is just after 8a.mm here

1. The city skyline is beautiful as the sun comes up on the morning. Riding the bus meant I got to see it today.

2. Kindness of many of my friends reminding me that I will be okay.

3. Honestly, reading this thread and seeing that I started something good.

4. The kindness and warmth of this forum. It is always a place I can come and feel welcome

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Elphanigh on September 03, 2017, 01:08:27 PM
3. Honestly, reading this thread and seeing that I started something good.
It was a wonderful idea, Elphanigh. :) Thank you for making it.
Really helps me to stop and observe the good things every now and then.

#1. Even though I got woken up to come into work and fill a shift, it was an extremely enjoyable shift. I'm communicating more and more with my coworkers and it's nice to have that interaction with people. I live in a city with just my FOO, no friends or other relatives around, so my coworkers (and therapist) are the only enjoyable face-to-face chats I can get. ^^"

#2. I think I just need to appreciate that things could be so much worse for me. Whilst yes I have this c-ptsd and not so pleasant company at home, I still have a roof over my head and a job to go to, so I can afford food and just generally - I can live. So I'm being grateful today! :)

#3. I managed to get a dentist appointment moved to a day where I'm available, which puts a bit of stress off of me. Small thing but good thing! It's weird but I'm actually looking forward to it, my current dentist is the nicest dentist I've had in my entire life! Haha

Elphanigh

Thank you Aphotic!!!

1. I feel lighter today
2. My now ex and I were really mature in our concerststion today
3. I get to rebuild a friendship

Blueberry

1) I had a bath where I still could before friends-on-holiday got home tonight. I also washed my hair and feel much better for being clean
2) I had a good visit yesterday and today with my godson's family, especially with his mother whom I hadn't seen in person for months
3) I'm allowing myself to write just two things because putting a third into words is making me run my hands through my hair. Allowing myself imperfection in order not to do self-injury is more important than having a third Good Thing.

woodsgnome

Blueberry, what a beautiful summation of how we can all practice an important part of this journey. We're always struggling to get it right or perfect. Of course this trait is a holdover from days when we were convinced by others that we were less than beautiful for who we are.

Your words say it so well -- about "Allowing myself imperfection in order not to do self-injury is more important than having a third Good Thing."  :yeahthat:   

What you didn't know is that writing that was indeed a third Good Thing, as it's something I needed to hear today, and will strive to remember when life drags me down and I kick myself for not being better.

So...THANK YOU!!!

Blueberry

You're very welcome, Woodsgnome. That's what this forum seems to be partly about - inspiring each other with healing, bouncing healing ideas off each other, so to speak.

THANK YOU too for commenting, because that way I know somebody else read it and understood what was such an important step for me.

Today's:
1) I had another really good session in T. Things are starting to fit together a lot, and in the space of 50 minutes we can fit in 3 or 4 or even more topics.
2) I'm beginning to forgive myself for this and that in the present. This is HUGE progress.
3) The day started out grey and coldish but shortly after T was over, the sun came out and I sat by the lakeside writing my diary with realisations from T and comments / explanations from my therapist. I definitely prefer that to writing indoors.

4) I made it to choir practice tonight, which I don't always.
5) I'm starting to sing with gusto, whether or not I hit the right notes. (The fact that I can't reliably has a lot to do with emotional abuse and trauma.) So it's real progress that I've just recently stopped being so self-conscious and apologetic.

6) I was helping my refugee neighbours yesterday and tonight, because they'd got themselves in a bit of a fix. And they were so worried and into so much self-blame tonight that I asked them if their God would forgive them or if he's more a punitive kind. And they answered, beaming, that he forgives, and so I was able to pass on my new-found thing: self-forgiveness. And for myself, I was able to feel that I reached across a cultural and religious divide to help somebody in need, but without stressing myself out totally.

woodsgnome

1. Had a thorough session with therapist today. Went in all messed up and discouraged but left feeling 99 3/4 % better about life, what's been happening in mine, and thankful I have this insightful therapist, after so many I couldn't relate to and/or vice versa.

2. Mystic the cat has his head cradled on my arm as I type this.

3. I'm looking forward to a special program tonight that I had a hand in setting up.

Blueberry

1. I made it to the doctor's on time
2. I met a friend while about town and we stopped for a chat. Another friend dropped by in the evening.
3. I got changed into better clothes than normal atm and put on some perfume. For me. Just because.

samantha19

I recieved so much support and kindess during some hours of terror I experienced early hours of this morning.
I have managed to go into work despite my lack of sleep and I have made some progress on my task - which is far better than nothing.
My sandwiches today were really good lol

Blueberry

1) Therapy session was really good and useful today.
2) I realised something in the hours after therapy and did 2 rounds of EFT
3) Nice walk on the lake shore, talking to and watching the water birds

Elphanigh

1. My sister is pregnant, so I get to be an Aunt!
2. I am succeeding at my new job
3. Doing research, and working out has really made me feel more like myself