New here - questions - *Could be triggering*

Started by texannurse, April 12, 2017, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texannurse

Hi! I'm new here. Just got diagnosed with CPTSD yesterday. Previously diagnosed bipolar, ADD, compulsive self injury and sexual addiction. I just feel so alone - with such a mess going on inside my brain. I have no idea where to start. Now that I am starting to feel again - due to my 4th round of therapy - 10 weeks so far - I feel more out of control than ever.

Can anyone relate? It's hard to feel alone.

mourningdove

Welcome, texannurse!  :wave:

I relate to a lot that you wrote and I'm sure that most other people here probably will, too. I've had trouble with addictions and self-harming behavior, and have also been through several other unhelpful "mental health" diagnoses. I found that getting diagnosed with C-PTSD was a positive turning point for me, and I hope it is for you as well. I mean, it wasn't that long ago, and things are still difficult for me, but at least now I feel like I have a small chance of feeling okay some day.

Sorry you have been feeling so alone. I feel that way a lot, too, but this place really helps. Glad you are here.  :yes:

Three Roses

Welcome, texannurse! That feeling of singularity is one of the worst aspects of cptsd, for me. But I've found in this community a group of people who really get it, who understand me and sympathize, validating my feelings instead of dismissing them. You're not alone!  :) :wave:

Blueberry

Oh yes, I can relate. Welcome to you for joining.  :heythere:

Marie

Hi Texannurse,

I can also relate. It is definitely not a nice feeling when we feel alone.   :bighug:

Every person is different we all have our own ways but i also found when I came to the reality of what I thought was normal I was totally in shock. 3 years later and I am still only coming to terms  :bawl:. Its a long journey but it will get better

I found great comfort in my pets. Also focus on yourself, a lot. Find out who you are and what you love. Make yourself your own project . Put yourself first  :hug:

Candid

It's common for people with CPTSD to be diagnosed with all kinds of other things. Our Pete (Walker, author of CPTSD: From Surviving to Thriving) wrote about that.

I feel very alone IRL but on our forum people always get it. Glad you found us!  :hug: