EF in dream TW

Started by Blueberry, March 18, 2017, 11:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

For whatever reason in my dream I allowed myself to be put in a situation which could trigger me. It took place in a therapeutic setting even. Instead of saying "I can't do this" which I have been able to do in T settings for a long time and for a few years IRL in this particular sort of situation (which I don't want to detail in case I trigger anybody else),  I went along with it and got triggered. I knew that in T setting in an emergency you could say, or better, yell "Stop!" and that would be a clear signal for the other person to disengage. I tried yelling that and also "No!"  but no sound came out of my mouth. I did then manage to fight myself out of the situation and woke up.

It seems the dream came about because of an unrelated incident IRL today which I wrote about in my Recovery Journal. At least on the surface it's unrelated but deeper down there are connections...

avemaria

Hey Blueberry, I am glad you fought the fight to wake up. Dreams have been a challenge to me too. They become triggers and my whole day becomes rubbish. I am interested in hear about how you use a recovery journal. What you keep in or out and with what purpose. Do you have a system? Thanks for your time.

Blueberry

You'll find my and other posters' Recovery Journals under Devlopment of CPTSD in Childhood / Recovery. I don't have a system. Feel free to read mine or of course other peoples.