Hello/New Member/Intro - possible trigger warning though please be careful

Started by Amethyst97, February 21, 2017, 07:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amethyst97

Hello! My username is Amethyst but my name is Reese, if that's easier. I'm nineteen years old and not necessarily diagnosed, but I've been doing some research and I think CPTSD is something I might have. The website said you don't have to be diagnosed to join, but I don't want to intrude if I'm in the wrong place. Um, I guess a little about me: I'm in college, trying to get a degree in environmental studies, I like being outside, I like reading, I run a mental health/illness/support blog on tumblr, and I am really struggling with trying to heal so I really appreciate this website and this forum.

I guess in terms of what I struggle with and what I hope to recover from, my mother was really emotionally abusive as well as neglectful, and my father was physically abusive and violent in the very beginning of my childhood. He's not violent necessarily but kind of enabled my mother, I suppose. I don't necessarily remember a lot from before I started school in 2015, but I'm trying to remember and sort through it. It's hard but I'm trying my best.

Thanks for listening, sorry, I've never really done this before.

bring em all in

Welcome to the community! It has been a great source of strength, support, and encouragement since I joined last December.

Kizzie

Welcome Amethyst, sounds like you're in the right place and you're correct, you don't need an official diagnosis to join.  Glad you found your way here! :heythere: