Hello

Started by Blueberry, February 12, 2017, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Found this forum yesterday. Just what I need. I have CPTSD, starting in early childhood. Emotional/psychological/verbal abuse from both parents and older brother; physical from mother and older brother; se...l from mother. Have to wonder when I write that why I still have contact, tho contact is much reduced. Only allow emails. 

I read posts yesterday on no contact and low contact. These were helpful.  I have instigated spells of NC before. I discovered last summer that my FOO haven't really changed. That was really hard, devastating to feel again what I felt as a child. The abandonment.

I have trouble writing and I often feel inarticulate.

I have been either in therapy or working on myself without therapy for about 20 years. CPTSD was originally my own diagnosis but a multitude of doctors and therapists have since agreed with me on that. I'm in trauma therapy now. It took a long time to find a trauma therapist at all in my backwoodsy place and then even longer to find one I could work with.

Well, that's enough for now.

mourningdove

Welcome, Blueberry!  :wave:

I have trouble writing and I often feel inarticulate.

Me, too.

Three Roses

Welcome, Blueberry! Yes, that's a familiar feeling for me and many others here. There's a reason for it - one of the speech centers in your brain, Broca's area, goes offline during emotional flashbacks. I'm also having a hard tone finding a therapist that knows what they're talking about regarding cptsd. Anyway, you're in good company here with people that will listen and understand. Thanks for joining!  :heythere:

Saule

Welcome, Blueberry! I'm so glad you found us. :)

Blueberry

Thank you all for welcoming me!   :wave:

Three Roses, thanks for info on Broca's area. I'd never heard of that. Now I can read up on it - that helps me often.