Hey All...

Started by Lilith, February 12, 2017, 10:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilith

Hi All,
I'm new here. I discovered this site via FlyingMonkeys & took the chance of joining the forum.
I've not used a forum for CPTSD before...this is the first time I've ever found anything for this.
Diagnosed just before my 33rd birthday after something was spotted during a standard EEG for my epilepsy. That & my medical history (inc lack of memory of childhood, though that's recovered now) led to my diagnosis.
My life is somewhat stressful to say the least. I won't go into details straight away, but it's incredibly difficult. A major part is having to be near one of my adulthood abusers just to be around my children. He got custody. But long story short...I find it difficult to cope.
After I was diagnosed I had some CAT & all of my dissociative states were undone. That left me with no form of coping mechs.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find some recognition. See the ways others cope with living this life. Feel more normal? If that makes sense? 😕

mourningdove

Three Roses

Welcome, Lilith - and yes, it makes total sense. For me it's the most comforting part of being a member here, that sense of belonging and that others understand and validate my experiences.

Thanks for joining! 

Saule

Welcome to OOTS, Lillith.  :)

Kizzie

Welcome Lillith  :heythere:  It makes perfect sense and I hope you find some help with that here.