Hello

Started by rosiehillinhan, February 11, 2017, 09:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosiehillinhan

Hi, everyone. I've been a lurker here for awhile but decided to register and introduce myself. You can call me Rosie, and I'm a survivor of childhood-onset C-PTSD. I'm glad to have found a place with others who understand the day to day struggle!

Three Roses

Hello, Rosie! Glad to have you aboard, thanks for joining :hug:

Boatsetsailrose

Hello Rosie, glad you are here :)
Quote 'I'm glad to have found a place with others who understand the day to day struggle' . Me too, it was such a big relief to find our forum and a place I can be truly honest and get support from others. I've found this site so helpful, learning about other resources and helping my own journey to reach out in my community for help and support. I crashed again a month ago and am signed off work, its really time for me to get the longer term support I need ..
Sending you best wishes and would be interested to hear how u found out about cptsd

mourningdove

Saule

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome Rosie  :heythere:   Glad you decided to post :yes:

rosiehillinhan

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Someone asked how I found out about c-ptsd.

Well, as both a writer and a television afficionado, I do a lot of reading and television watching. Through that, I already had a basis of knowledge of what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was, but never really considered that it matched my own issues. As I researched it further though, I realized I really connected with a lot of what was said and written about it and especially complex ptsd, as I believe I have childhood-onset. Mostly through emotional and verbal abuse and neglect, but there were also other strikes against me, including the fact that I am hard of hearing and didn't really fit into anyone else's world.

Reading about c-ptsd was really eye opening because it made me realize there are others out there who understand what it's like and I'm actually not alone in the universe!

Kizzie

You are definitely not alone Rosie  :hug: