Happy moodswings?

Started by hurtbeat, February 25, 2017, 04:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurtbeat

I just wonder if any of you have happy mood swings like I do?
Some times I can feel satisfied, happy and excited about life and even like I'm falling in love.

It's just that I've been afraid to tell any therapist about it since I don't want them to write it off as Bipolar disorder, I've been wondering if it could be emotional flashbacks or something?
This used to happen to me as a child as well, I had to live out most of my emotions through watching cartoons or creating scenarios in my imagination and sometimes it would fill me with bliss.

I couldn't really express any happiness at home, at least not the bubbly, joyful and loud kind of happiness that makes you want to jump around and sing.

One reason I don't think it's Bipolar is because I can still manage my life and I haven't done anything too reckless though I make different choices when I'm happier.
Usually my bouts of happiness have been connected to my sex and love addiction as I've been getting kicks out of it but not always.

The happy mood swings comes and goes irregularly for me and sometimes only for a short while.
Some times they just make me feel normal, like an average happy middle class citizen who is just glad to be alive and have a home and work to go to.
I figure it wouldn't be called "mood swings" if happiness weren't included, right?
But that it doesn't necessarily have to be because of Bipolar or anything like it, just CPTSD?

hurtbeat

Just to clarify: I donät have anything against Bipolar Disorder but I don't feel like I am bipolar

Dee

Happy and manic are not the same.  I was in the waiting room once and watched a person obliviously in a manic phase.  She could not stand still, in pain, saying she was hyper, and couldn't take it another day.  I then got it, and felt deeply for her.

I have good days in the bad.  Yet, it isn't sustainable.  My goal is sustainable happy.

hurtbeat

Yes, I've heard about hypomania and how upbeat and frantic one can become.

For me I would say that most of my emotions are tainted with CPTSD so sadness isn't simply sadness and joy can sometimes mix up with high energy and stress.
Sometimes I think to myself that my energy is similar to hypomania when it becomes mixed up with bad sleep and a bit of anxiety.

Maybe this could also be a part of CPTSD as well as some of the borderline traits?

radical

Don't be down on yourself for finding some energy.  Sing. If the blahs start to drown the music out, turn  it up :)

hurtbeat

I wouldn't say I'm down about it but I get the feeling that it's a swing in the mood rather than just regular good energy that comes from living a healthy life if you know what I mean.

LaurelLeaves

I'm happy a lot of times, but it come mostly from my fantasy-life addiction. 
Do you think it's like that?

hurtbeat