In patient?

Started by Dee, January 19, 2017, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bring em all in

Dee- On top of the kudos to you for being so brave and persistent in getting the help you need, I would like to add that you are setting a good example for your children- they see how a person takes steps to address a problem.

I wish my mom had set such a good example for me!

Dee

rosemarie

Dee,

Just saw this and I wanted to say way to go for making the choice to go into treatment program. You know what is right for you. So inspiring! I battled with eating disorders for most of my life and I've done the residential treatment thing as well. It was really scary at the time but one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Really, it was the choice to save my life. Gosh ED can be tough! I went into a nutrition program with one and was super lucky it was focused on healing body image and disordered eating, so this is also my expertise. I just wanted to say you so deserve this treatment as well as a life free from ED. I know it can be scary to give it up but from the other end (not that I'm perfect) I want to say that freedom from food obsession is truly worth it. Way to go and best of luck.

Dee

Thank you for all the support.  My team has applied to two places and we are waiting on the first one that comes through.  All the request are being put in as urgent, but I am working with the government so who knows.  I am going into residential treatment for anorexia, CPTSD, and MDD.  My psychiatrist has stressed the importance that I be treated for all three.  I have passed time this weekend by doing a little shopping for things I need to take.  Shoes without laces, pants without draw strings, fun stuff.  They are estimating 45 days for me.

My therapist said not to say anything to my kids yet.  She said we will discuss it and role play first.  I think she wants to make sure it goes well so I don't freak out.  I appreciate my team, they are all seeing me as much as they can right now to make sure I am doing okay with the stress of waiting.

bring em all in

It sounds like you are being very well-prepared for your upcoming treatment. Count me among those in your corner, rooting you on!!

radical

Wow, Dee.
Huge steps, huge heart! 
Sending you my love and support.  Always here for you.
                                                                :bighug:

Three Roses

Drenching you with good wishes! You rock ♡

sanmagic7

and a bunch of hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: to you.  it sounds like the professionals surrounding you are right on the money, that you're in good hands.  i'm so glad for you, dee.  you're amazing!  much love and healing coming your way.