Unsure of this whole thing....

Started by Hanging by a thread, January 03, 2017, 05:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Just read through this post, and I can understand the hesitence to join and contribute in the beginning.

I have never joined another forum. I never counted an online community as something real, always believed there was so much more to being immersed in the outside world.

I will never regret taking a chance and reaching out here. There is freedom here, and acceptance. I always leave this site with a sense of calm and a smile. I can see the different personalities of different contributors, and have even developed pictures of what they look like in my mind.

I can handle the outside world better now. The challenges don't seem so big or as lonely because I know I can 'debrief' here and will always get encouragement and support, not criticism. I look forward to reading and writing here, and can cope more comfortably with the outside world because of it.

In fact, I recently worked through, and am still working through, a very nasty and triggering event IRL. If it wasn't for my friends here,  I would not have had the guts to continue to fight it. Me, me, me....

There will always be support for anyone in need here. Whether giving or receiving, there is a place for everyone.

Kittys not there, hanging by a thread, Nad and everyone else I have not spoken to before, it is lovely to meet you.

sanmagic7

hey, chordscience, your opinion counts as well.  thanks for your thoughts.

i've utilized this forum in so many ways, on so many levels.   it's given me not only support from generous, kind and caring people, but it's also provoked me into thinking about something i hadn't realized, encouraged me to be ok with myself and what and how i'm doing, and has made me feel for the first time that there are people in the world i can rely on.   because of it i've made more progress than i ever thought possible.

i love this place and these people!  they are more real to me than any 'real life' support group i've ever been part of.   i hope everyone can find what they're looking for here.  hugs all around.