How do i change?

Started by TimeToShine, March 08, 2017, 01:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimeToShine

Victim of severe verbal abuse as a child....watched domestic violence between my parents, son's father verbally & physically abusive, Care taker for chronically ill mother who passed young a few yes ago, codependent and recently ended a relationship with a possible narcissist, possible exposure to gas-lighting.....I have always seem myself so poorly and have gone long periods of lacking joy and crying day after day. Recently discovered the hatred, anger, fear I'm still holding onto.....How do I change whats engrained itself I to me and have a healthy relationship?! I'm tired of living heart broken

Three Roses

Your question is heart wrenching, and I'm sorry to hear everything you've been through. The good news is that there is healing for those of us with Cptsd.

There's no quick fix or easy answer. We didn't get this way overnight and each situation is unique. Spend some time reading here, take what is useful and relevant to you, and ask questions along the way. Above all, move at your own pace and don't rush things. Sometimes we can be so desperate for change that we can re-injure ourselves.

Glad you are here. :heythere:

Blueberry

Welcome TimeToShine  :wave:

Wise words from Three Roses.

TimeToShine

Quote from: Three Roses on March 08, 2017, 02:21:42 AM
Your question is heart wrenching, and I'm sorry to hear everything you've been through. The good news is that there is healing for those of us with Cptsd.

There's no quick fix or easy answer. We didn't get this way overnight and each situation is unique. Spend some time reading here, take what is useful and relevant to you, and ask questions along the way. Above all, move at your own pace and don't rush things. Sometimes we can be so desperate for change that we can re-injure ourselves.

Glad you are here. :heythere:

Thank you  :)

sanmagic7

glad you're here, time to shine.  the good news is that we can heal from this - it just takes some time, and is a process with some twists and turns along the way.  the other good news is that you're not alone - there are very caring, kind, and supportive people here who want to see you feel better. 

you found us, we're here for you.