Hi!

Started by witchwomb, November 08, 2016, 04:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchwomb

I'm happy to have found a place where I can start to recover from the lifelong abuse and neglect I suffered at the hands of my family. I'll probably end up convincing my husband to join as well, since he also struggles with the diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with C-PTSD by my therapist. Because of the nature of the issues I was exposed to, I'm now a 20 year old woman with the health issues of a 50 year old woman. Whether directly or indirectly, I'm infertile, have joint hypermobility and circulation issues that cause great pain, severe back pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, and extreme phobias that hinder my quality of life (for example, I can't drive a car).

I'm hoping, one day, I might be able to drive a car or maybe roll out of bed without limping ;) we'll see!

Three Roses

Hello, welcome! Thanks for joining :hug:

Fen Starshimmer

Hi Witchwomb, Welcome to OOTS! Good to see you here.

It sounds like you've been through an awful lot  :hug:

Well done for finding a therapist who knows about C-PTSD. I hope she can help with the phobias - among other things. I  relate to that, as I developed a whole load of travel issues that developed into phobias, which I'm working on with my T. It's so frustrating when you want to get out and about. (I don't drive either)  I do believe healing is possible though. Step by step, different systems work in different ways.

Take good care of yourself,
Fen

prairiewind

Welcome witchwomb. I'm new here also. It's good to have support.