uh, hello?

Started by okden, November 19, 2016, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okden

I registered for this site because I am seriously struggling with some heavy blows and it's been ONLY because I am such a stubborn chick that I even got this far.
I mean...is this part of a therapy process?  Make us search so dam hard to even find a place to say anything that by the time we get here...we are feeling OVAH the Pain that brought us here cuz now we are  just a little pissed off and not even sure if we are even in the right place to even discuss our difficulty of dealing with CPTSD, much less our frustration of finding a spot to talk.  Am I talking to the right Group?  I'm sure I probly stuck my foot in my mouth? at this point...but I hope a point is made...Where the * am I?
oh, and here we go...make me do another visual verification and ask me more questions about what is this site called and blah blah.  are you really here to help folks or screening for ???  how many people left already without getting the help they were seeking for?  but I'll persist.  just fo see.

okden

so let me just reply to myself, at this point, cuz it's already whatever time over there in the Continental
US of A.  What I was seeking was HOW does one get PAST the point of getting Triggered?  OUT of the dam Blue...I woke up to a FB message from 2 months ago...and FIRST OF ALL, why does it show up Just Now?  And it was a forward of an article from our local newspaper, talking about the sentencing of the person who had physically choked and punched me during sex...and they Mentioned all that in the paper!  And then there were comments and some broad was defending him and made a flat out false statement about how I had been beaten a day before by a chick and therefore I had been lying about it.
So...3 months later, I am defending myself publicly against this stupid person's lies.  and here we go... just triggered.  reliving the event that pushed me over the edge to CPSTD.  oh,  here goes the hyperstartle reflex, here goes the reliving, the bad dreams, the hypervigilance.  HOW DOES ONE STOP THIS?  How do you stop getting Triggered?  Trust me...I been dousing myself in Abraham Hicks, Tony Robbins...keeping aware of What I am thinking on...Positivity...to attract Positivity...but what the * do you do when all of a sudden, you wake up one innocent morning and find it Glaring in your face...and you being attacked and?  really? 
I wanted to just Blow it Off...Not my Reality anymore...but here it is, eating me up.

okden

and the thing that sux the most...is, it's an actual physical pain.  it really hurts.  and it's exhausting.
i just can't figure it out.  After this much time...how can it still just come along and SLAM me down?
I spend so much of my time now...in a GOOD space, in peace and positivity and then BOOM!
slapped down.  i hope my dreams tonite are just non existent...or if not...then nice.  no bad dreams.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, okden! I'm glad you found us and got thru all the rigmarole to register. Lots of us here are pretty private people and we try to make sure everyone that registers is a real person. We want to feel safe.  :)

You haven't stuck your foot in your mouth, we're acquainted with the anger you seem to be expressing.  ;) & we understand it is because you're in a triggered state right now. That's ok!

Yes, there are ways to combat the trigger once it's there, and ways to help you try & avoid them. This may take a while to master; another thing we're familiar with is trying to rush the healing to get some relief from the pain.

Complex ptsd is a relatively newly recognized disorder, so new that it is not even in the current DSM. This means that many Mental Health Care Professionals don't recognize it as separate from PTSD, which is from a single traumatic event.

What you are describing sounds pretty standard, unfortunately - going along at a nice pace, beautiful day then WHAM something triggers you aaaaand we're off! Although some of us live in that triggered state until we learn how to care for ourselves.

If you would allow me to give you some advice, I would tell you to slow down, take some deep breaths, and stop listening to people trying to tell you how to train your thoughts. That's not what's wrong. Try looking at this and seeing if it's appropriate to your experience - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_hijack.  In short, the problem does not lie in your thoughts. Your brain is receiving stimuli and acting on it by triggering self defense reactions before your neo-cortex (thinking brain) even knows what's happening.

I'm usually on this forum several times a day. Feel free to ask more questions and we'll see if we can get you the info you need & want. :hug: Thanks for joining!

sanmagic7

hey, okden,

i'm glad you finally got here!  yeah, it can be a process, but, i, for one, am really glad i've been involved.  i've found so much support and kindness and generosity here that it's helped me a lot with what has triggered me, or with situations i run into that i didn't expect.

i don't blame you for being mad.  that crapola sucks big time!  i got waylaid by a huge emotional flashback (ef) this past jan. when i didn't expect it, and became overwhelmed for months.  i'm not saying that's how it'll be for you, but i had 30 yrs. of backlash that came crashing down on me in one day.  this place has helped me get through it. 

as 3 roses said, going slow and at your own pace is important.  also realizing that this stuff isn't something that can just be 'thought' away.  it's emotional, which is not always easy to understand, especially at first.  take care of yourself as best you can.  thanks for posting.  best to you.

prairiewind

Welcome okden. Glad you found a safe place to talk.